Christmas Day Sunrise in Jupiter, Florida

I finally pulled the trigger on a drone (DJI Spark) and decided to test it out Christmas morning at the beach. I have to admit the technology these things have is pretty incredible and I can't wait to make some fishing videos once I get used to flying it. Anyways, I put together a quick video of the footage I got yesterday morning in Jupiter --- look at how flat it was!!

- Tim S.

Replies

• TaylorDogTaylorDog Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    Sick vid and quality for a $350 drone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,093 Captain
    Awesome video, thanks for posting. I'm sure I'll get a drone one of these days, until then I'll enjoy everyone else's videos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 605 Officer
    The wife surprised me and got me a Mavic Pro for Xmas. You must have taken this flight before you got the full update from DJI. I took a quick flight from my neighborhood, then went down to the inlet to get some good footage, but it got another update and suddenly all of Jupiter almost up to Stuart was in the No Fly Zone for Trump's visit until Jan 1. The drone won't even let you take off if you are in a NFZ. Just FYI there's a 30 mile NFZ around Palm Beach when Trump is in town. Looking forward to getting mine out once the weather starts cooperating now that Trump's back at work!

FYI here is the map that shows the NFZ's
    https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

A temporary one will show up in yellow around palm beach when Trump is here.
    Nice footage from the Spark. These things are amazing technology.
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • ldavid516ldavid516 Posts: 286 Deckhand
    MakoLogic wrote: »
    The wife surprised me and got me a Mavic Pro for Xmas. You must have taken this flight before you got the full update from DJI. I took a quick flight from my neighborhood, then went down to the inlet to get some good footage, but it got another update and suddenly all of Jupiter almost up to Stuart was in the No Fly Zone for Trump's visit until Jan 1. The drone won't even let you take off if you are in a NFZ. Just FYI there's a 30 mile NFZ around Palm Beach when Trump is in town. Looking forward to getting mine out once the weather starts cooperating now that Trump's back at work!

Hey Patrick,

I'll chip in for an update that will get that drone to find us some better fish ! ! !
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 605 Officer
    ldavid516 wrote: »
    Hey Patrick,

I'll chip in for an update that will get that drone to find us some better fish ! ! !

Ya I'm looking for that update as well
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file