Ed Ball's Wakulla Springs Lodge/Dining Facility

Does anyone have connections with the restaurant or know anyone who does?

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 1,857 Captain
    Never heard of it, and I love to eat
    Edit, I just looked it up. Looks really nice, I'm shocked I've never heard of it. Need to give it a try
    You should have been here yesterday
  • BayBobBayBob Posts: 667 Officer
    There was a recent article in the Tallahassee Democrat about the lodge and restaurant concession. Hope this helps.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2017/11/28/state-seeks-new-management-wakulla-springs-lodge/902445001/
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,450 Officer
    PM
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 615 Officer
    Sandra and I were married there 31+ years ago. Over the years we have been there for leisurely breakfast a few times. It's really a neat old part of Florida history. I had heard that the food service has been up and down over the last few years. Heres to hoping they return it to it's former glory.
    It is very difficult to win an argument with an educated man and darn near impossible to win one with an idiot.
  • BayBobBayBob Posts: 667 Officer
    If Woodsrunner's grits or greens are part of the menu then the food will definitely take a turn for the better.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,755 Captain
    Thanks, BayBob! I really would like to have Bumpy Road Grits, especially SMOKED Grits on the menu! The national exposure, through dinning guests would be awesome! (Most local restaurants that I stock with grits/cornmeal will give Bumpy Road Farm credit on the menu, and this brings in business! If Wakulla Springs Lodge would do that---GOOD GOD!)
    Don't know if I could supply the Springs with my Georgia Heirloom Greasy-Leaf Collards! Local restaurants are cleaning me out to the tune of 60-70 pounds a week now! Thinking about sticking another 400-500 plants in the dirt!
  • fsuwxmanfsuwxman Posts: 1,224 Officer
    I know one of the former exec chefs. He’s back in Tally at another place now but might still have an in down there. I’ll ask and see.
    2015 FS Northwest Forum NASCAR Champion

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file