OK To Shoot Guns During Fishing Trip from a Boat?

FlecFlec Posts: 409 Deckhand
I fish a lot but rarely shoot any of my guns. I thought I might fire a few rounds when I am far away from anyone while I am in my boat. Any laws against this?

Replies

• binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,335 Admiral
    what backdrop do you use offshore?
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,231 Officer
    Flying fish would be fun
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,810 Moderator
    Flying fish would be fun

Can add some entertainment to an otherwise boring stretch for sure.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,424 AG
    Flec wrote: »
    I fish a lot but rarely shoot any of my guns. I thought I might fire a few rounds when I am far away from anyone while I am in my boat. Any laws against this?

John, That is SUPER unsafe.... You have no backstop and a bullet could skip off water and travel a VERY long way...

Go to the I.R. county range....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • nofishtodaynofishtoday Posts: 1,055 Officer
    If you "have to shoot"
    I say shotgun
    Steel shot recommended
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 1,584 Captain
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    That is SUPER unsafe.... You have no backstop and a bullet could skip off water and travel a VERY long way.

Or you can use Joe's leg as a back stop. I hear it has worked well in the past.
  • DropTine797DropTine797 Posts: 681 Officer
    Anything from #4s to #8s for flying fish
    Steel shot is a responsibler decision
    Use IC choke for roughish conditions and mod for those flat days when you can let em glide and drop em at 50 yards ;-)
    Seven down, Eight to go.
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 806 Officer
    Steel Shot some of you guys are crazy!!!! You worried about a duck eating it where flying fish are found? Lead all day long. Flying fish can take a hit. Def #6 or lower.

Hobbit free zone!!

Anyone who has shot themselves automatically disqualifies their opinion on gun safety! Seriously!

Hobbit free zone!!

• PhattkoppPhattkopp Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    Dude that is PRICELESS!!!!!
  • LMKLMK Posts: 509 Officer
    Not Ok violates 1 of the 4 basic rules. legal probably, wise no.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,284 Admiral
    flying fish are fun..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    Flush like quail.

Hobbit free zone!!

I used to shoot hell out of flying fish back when I swordfished, but we were usually over 1000 miles from land and weren't worried about a bunch of googans being around.
    Phattkopp wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

What are you laughing at you dumb polock? :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 612 Officer
    osprey11 wrote: »
    Anyone who has shot themselves automatically disqualifies their opinion on gun safety! Seriously!

I would think anyone that shot them selves would be more safety minded after the incident.
    What are you laughing at you dumb polock? :rotflmao

Racial slurs. Is that the best you got!

Hobbit free zone!!

Racial slurs. Is that the best you got!

Since I wasn't talking to you...you really shouldn't concern yourself...but maybe your strong suit is being a busybody... :shrug

It is actually hysterical how people who visit "forums" don't know......who actually know each other in real life.

PS Osprey...It isn't a "racial slur"....since Polish is not a race....but the dumb part can apply to anybody..especially people who don't know the difference between a race...and a national origin. :wink
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    732 posts vs 17,913 wonder who the busy body is? Say it to my face and see what that slur gets you.

Hobbit free zone!!

Just curious. Is hobit a race or ethnicity?

Hobbit free zone!!

• Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 359 Deckhand
    Hobbits would be a race, unless you are playing really old school Dungeons and Dragons, wherein they would be called "halflings" and would be considered their own class as well as being a race.

The original comment was an ethnic slur, not a racial slur.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,335 Admiral
    Since I wasn't talking to you...you really shouldn't concern yourself...but maybe your strong suit is being a busybody... :shrug

It is actually hysterical how people who visit "forums" don't know......who actually know each other in real life.

PS Osprey...It isn't a "racial slur"....since Polish is not a race....but the dumb part can apply to anybody..especially people who don't know the difference between a race...and a national origin. :wink

this guy is an elitist... hates rednecks and anyone else who is a proud Floridian. He's a proud so called representative to a demography of folks who probably dont know who he even is? Apparently his elders did not spank him properly due to his vertical stature
    732 posts vs 17,913 wonder who the busy body is? Say it to my face and see what that slur gets you.

You sound like a real tough hombre.... no way I would mess with an internet bad ****... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Hobbits would be a race, unless you are playing really old school Dungeons and Dragons, wherein they would be called "halflings" and would be considered their own class as well as being a race.

The original comment was an ethnic slur, not a racial slur.

Yes... it is.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    this guy is an elitist... hates rednecks and anyone else who is a proud Floridian. He's a proud so called representative to a demography of folks who probably dont know who he even is? Apparently his elders did not spank him properly due to his vertical stature

Yes...I'm an elitist....I definitely prefer some ducks over others.

No, I don't "hate" anyone...that's too much effort. But, I am AMUSED by *DUMB* Rednecks....like watching a chimp at the zoo amused. Seeing a "Flogrown" sticker on a Truck gets me to look...Chimps are amusing.

I represent nobody....all views expressed or implied are mine alone.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Just curious. Is hobit a race or ethnicity?

You tards should get some new material...after all, You ran the guy off who came up with that. It was cute when the fat guy who is shorter than me said it...
    It made me laugh.....Ironic humor.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Phattkopp wrote: »

See what you started?.... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    It was cute when the fat guy who is shorter than me said it....

There is no way that fatass is shorter, and you know it!

I hear he's the king of FB these days. Maybe I'll sign up and run him off from there too before he screws up anything else...
    Sorry to kill the deal Gene...but yes...he is shorter....and a lot rounder. :rotflmao

I still want that footrace with him.... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Sorry to kill the deal Gene...but yes...he is shorter....and a lot rounder. :rotflmao

I still want that footrace with him.... :rotflmao

Haha... I actually got a pretty good "chuckle" out of that. I must have been thinking of a different fatass!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file