Are Things About to Get Stank Again in the Middle East?

team getterdunteam getterdun Posts: 1,730 Captain
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/11/07/saudi-arabia-calls-missile-launch-act-war-by-iran-vows-retaliation.html

Saudi Arabia on Monday called the attempted missile attack on Riyadh’s main airport this weekend an "act of war" by Iran and vowed to retaliate.

Houthi rebels in Yemen, who have been fighting Saudi-backed forces there for several years, claimed responsibility for firing the ballistic missile on Saturday. The missile traveled more than 500 miles before Saudi Arabia intercepted it.

The official Saudi Press Agency charged that debris from the missile proved that it was made in Iran and smuggled into Yemen. American officials have previously charged that Iran has armed the Houthi rebels.

The attempted missile strike was "a blatant act of military aggression by the Iranian regime and could rise to be considered as an act of war," the Saudi Press Agency said in a statement.

Saudi Arabia “reserves its right to respond to Iran in the appropriate time and manner, in accordance with international law and based on the right of self-defense," the statement continued.

Speaking to CNN, Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Adel bin Ahmed al-Jubeir unambiguously charged that Iran had effectively declared war.

"We see this as an act of war," he said. "Iran can not lob missiles at Saudi cities and towns and expect us not to take steps."

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi called Saudi Arabia's claims "false, irresponsible, destructive and provocative," according to the Iranian news agency Tasnim.

The dramatic escalation in tension between the two rival nations came just a day after dozens of princes, senior military officers, businessmen and top officials were arrested in a sweeping anti-corruption probe in Saudi Arabia.

The unprecedented arrests were seen as a sign that 32-year-old Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who came to power in June, was seeking to aggressively consolidate power.
"Fundamentals are nothing but a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers

Replies

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,312 Officer
    Gas prices about to spike.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,455 Admiral

Yup.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 6,634 Admiral
    It’s a good thing we flew truckloads of cash to Iran! That ought to help fix things!
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,407 AG
    let them take care of it themselves and we'll stay out of it
    No political signature
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,059 AG

Have about 8 months of biodiesel left.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
    Cyclist wrote: »

I thought you ran on pedal power
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    I thought you ran on pedal power

Pretty much, that is why the biod lasts so long.

So would the US be pulled into this war? Don't we sell tons of military equipment and give tons of money to SA for their military?

When SA bombs Iran with our weapons, will Iran do as SA is doing, and blame the missile maker?
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    frank wrote: »
    let them take care of it themselves and we'll stay out of it

LOL. The first person Saudi calls for help is big bro. That's the deal!
    Pretty much, that is why the biod lasts so long.

So would the US be pulled into this war? Don't we sell tons of military equipment and give tons of money to SA for their military?

When SA bombs Iran with our weapons, will Iran do as SA is doing, and blame the missile maker?

I would rather we minded our own business in this one. I understand we have a vested interest in SA. Still, I think this is an instance where we should send "thoughts and prayers" rather than boots on the ground or anything in a war capacity.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,832 Admiral
    Nuke Iran! Problem solved. Geez, it's like the emperor's new clothes. Just do it!
    23895.gif
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,083 Admin

Oil hit a 2-year high yesterday - $57/barrel WTI crude
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,312 Officer
    Good thing obummer sold all those weapons to SA before he left office...
    Oh, and trump did too. It's almost like the military industrial complex runs the world...
  • team getterdunteam getterdun Posts: 1,730 Captain
    What are the estimates that gas prices are going to hit within the next month?
    "Fundamentals are nothing but a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
  • Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,713 Admiral
    Interesting is just yesterday we heard rumors of deployment of some family members in the military.
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,729 Captain
    dave44 wrote: »
    It’s a good thing we flew truckloads of cash to Iran! That ought to help fix things!

Did the truckloads of cash we shipped to Iraq and Afghanistan help fix things?

We bombed them with money, and the rest went to the war-profiteer "contractors".
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,481 Admiral
    Nick Nikon wrote: »
    Did the truckloads of cash we shipped to Iraq and Afghanistan help fix things?

We bombed them with money, and the rest went to the war-profiteer "contractors".

The difference in your scenario is the money sent to Iran was not ours, it was theirs just being returned, the money we dropped in Iraq was our tax dollars we could of used to build roads and bridges here
    The Saudi's are directly responsible for radical Islamist terrorism.

That's the plain and simple truth of the matter.

They financed muslim schools around the world, spreading Wahabi filth.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,719 Admiral
    the money we dropped in Iraq was our tax dollars we could of used to build roads and bridges here

Shovel ready?
    I may be entitled to compensation.
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    Nuke Iran! Problem solved. Geez, it's like the emperor's new clothes. Just do it!

Still living in your parents basement?
    The difference in your scenario is the money sent to Iran was not ours, it was theirs just being returned, the money we dropped in Iraq was our tax dollars we could of used to build roads and bridges here

It wasn't our scenario ... we were responding to Dave44.

We're quite aware that it was Iran's money to begin with.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,719 Admiral
    Nick Nikon wrote: »
    Still living in your parents basement?

giphy.gif
    I may be entitled to compensation.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 23,424 AG
    Saudi Arabia will kick their ***.

Wholesale dropped 3c today, after an 8c climb over the last week.

Mini Mart Magnate

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 23,424 AG

Do you have to add biocides or other additives to biodiesel to keep it that long?

Mini Mart Magnate

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 9,453 Admiral
    Your title would suggest the ME has been something other than "stank" for, well, centuries now. Nothing is likely to change.

That said, can someone please explain to me how a missile launched from and by Yemen is Iran's fault. Thanks.
    Tarponator wrote: »

That said, can someone please explain to me how a missile launched from and by Yemen is Iran's fault. Thanks.

The argument goes like this:

The rebels in Yemen did use Scud missiles in 1994. ( Wiki )

It's roughly 500 miles from the Yemen border to Riyadh.

That's well within the 700 mile range of the Soviet design.

Iran did a deal with the Russians to build a Scud clone.

They did, and therefore are the only reasonable suspects.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,900 Admiral
    Middle East peace... The mother of all oxymorons.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,224 Admiral
    mustang190 wrote: »
    Middle East peace... The mother of all oxymorons.

quote of the day :thumbsup

BTW gas in Polk is up 25c from Monday.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 2,515 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    Do you have to add biocides or other additives to biodiesel to keep it that long?

He's just squawking
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 8,786 Admiral
    ...in his birkenstocks
    cadman wrote: »

Sometimes I add diesel clean. I have not the last couple of fill ups. I am going on about ten years with my current 285 gallon tank and the only problem was a bad batch of fuel several years ago. It is a well sealed/vented tank.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file