Lake Wimico/St Joe Bay

Anyone on here fish Mexico beach, Lake Wimico or St Joe Bay area? Taking a trip down at thanksgiving for first time. Targeting reds & Trout mostly. However , i am interested in how the bass fishing is as well. Lake wimico is the only lake i see that may be good for bass. Any input from anyone on this? Looks like a beautiful place to fish. I imagine the reds & trout will be plentiful next month. Looking at the Blacks island area in St Joe Bay mainly at this point. Unless anyone has any better tips. thanks

Replies

• tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    Lake Wimico can be very shallow. I've only crossed it a few times on my way to Apalachicola and back from MB and stay in the channel when crossing it. Big ole' lake though. Good luck.

tk
  • ferris1248ferris1248 North GeorgiaPosts: 13,575 Moderator
    Post this over in The Northwest section. You may get some replies.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • Rebait2003Rebait2003 Posts: 111 Deckhand
    KHNC wrote: »
    Anyone on here fish Mexico beach, Lake Wimico or St Joe Bay area? Taking a trip down at thanksgiving for first time. Targeting reds & Trout mostly. However , i am interested in how the bass fishing is as well. Lake wimico is the only lake i see that may be good for bass. Any input from anyone on this? Looks like a beautiful place to fish. I imagine the reds & trout will be plentiful next month. Looking at the Blacks island area in St Joe Bay mainly at this point. Unless anyone has any better tips. thanks

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?249778-St-Joe-Bay
  • KHNCKHNC Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Will do . thanks!
  • RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 432 Deckhand
    If you catch it before a front blows through then you should be on the fish. If you get here a day after a front has gone through then best to find something else to do for a day or so.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file