Medical marijuana card

bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 735 Officer
Has anyone applied for there medical marijuana card from the health department in Tallahassee and if so how long did it take for the application to go through?
I don’t like the pain pills and my doctor approved me for the card but after fishing all day my shoulder and arm just hurt like heck to the point I can’t sleep.
I’m just curious how long this process is gonna take.

Replies

• cadmancadman Gainesville, FlPosts: 23,050 AG
    I have a customer of mine who was applying due to illness. I know she was going on either 3 months or 6 months and still waiting the last time I asked how she was doing. I remember her saying it was a long process,

Mini Mart Magnate

• bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 735 Officer
    My doctor says 30 days after they get your application and I received email with a password but check hasn’t been cashed?
    **** I’m in serious pain and I chew up aleve with combination of ibuprofen 800 and have to wait months or eat Percocet :(
    If I see her next week I will ask her again. It may also depend on the illness and the doctor. I remember she said something about her doctor taking a while. I don't know when she submitted the actual paperwork. She is in her 60's. She got some from friends in California and it made her feel better, so she asked her doctor to get her qualified. This is all second hand also.

They could also be backed up with a lot of requests slowing down the process.

Mini Mart Magnate

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,914 Admiral
    I just went to my Orthopedic doc today for my shoulder. Says I have some sort if impingement after xrays but I'm thinking a tear or partial as I've had a couple in the past. Got an MRI scheduled for Monday. He gave me a lidocane/steriod injection and it helped alot for now but won't last. I was taking 4 doses of 800mg of ibuprofen a day for the last 4 days. Sleep with shoulder pain is tough to get.

Good luck.
    I wake up every other hour and just wanna scream.
    Sometimes I have to get up it’s so bad and those **** pain pills are poison so I’m stuck suffering.
    When it affects my sleep and fishing it’s serious.
    Resinhead wrote: »
    I just went to my Orthopedic doc today for my shoulder. Says I have some sort if impingement after xrays but I'm thinking a tear or partial as I've had a couple in the past. Got an MRI scheduled for Monday. He gave me a lidocane/steriod injection and it helped alot for now bit won't last. I was taking 4 doses of 800mg of ibuprofen a day for the last 4 days. Sleep with shoulder pain is tough to get.

Good luck.

Try Sciatic nerve pain, I got the shot in the spine 5 years ago and my back started killing me last Monday shooting down the right leg. Have an appointment with the Neurosurgeon on Tuesday. Hopefully another spinal shot and another round of PT is all I need. The good thing was I had some Hydrocodone left over from some dental surgery earlier in the year that I has not thrown out. Took one of those to sleep a couple of nights. Weird is that the dentist will prescribe it but not my regular doctor. He says Ibuprofen. The best over the counter is to mix Ibuprofen with acetaminophen. I have done that the last few days to be able to walk. The worst part is getting up first thing.

Bunch of old folks complaining about our aches and pains, turning into my parents more every day. Another ten or fifteen years and it will be the operations we've had.

Mini Mart Magnate

I'm a side sleeper and that is out with shoulder pain. I've been on the couch recliner for the entire week maybe getting 2 or 3 hours a night, at best. Makes for loooong work days.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,100 Admiral
    It took just under five weeks for the state to process mine a few months ago. That seems to be the average, but they are declining a lot of the passport photos turned into them if the backing it not white enough and the exact size they specify. Pup, they had my check in hand for over four weeks before the first box was checked. I knew this for sure as I sent mine in via USPS overnight delivery. Good luck.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
    Cad, no sciatica here but broke my spine, spondylolisthesis, riding dirt bikes in my 20's. Dozens of epidurals but gave up of those. Live with back pain everyday. Doc says refracture, 12" rods and multiple screws and it will go away. No way in hell and I'm doing that. In my case, if I stay active my pain is manageable. Lay around and it hurts much more. Shoulder pain is a different beast, imo. Can't get comfortable, can't sleep, can hardly use that shoulder, etc.

Had too much fun in my youth and it seems it's paying my back.
    Cad, no sciatica here but broke my spine, spondilolathesis, riding dirt bikes in my 20's. Dozens of epidurals bit gave up of those. Live with back pain everyday. Doc says refracture, 12" rods and multiple screws and it will go away. No way in hell and I'm doing that. In my case, if I stay active my pain is manageable. Lay around and it hurts much more. Shoulder pain is a different beast, imo. Can't get comfortable, can't sleep, can hardly use that shoulder, etc.

Mine was only a 4" or so rod. So far the epidural helped me a lot last time, hope it helps again. Sorry to hear about your back. Laying around is the worst thing you can do, that I know. I was told not to do surgery except as a last resort by my neurosurgeon.

Mini Mart Magnate

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,208 Captain
    My oldest stepson has that ankylosing spondylitis. He's had it since he was around 13, it's some painful stuff. He's in his 40's now.
    Tarpon 65 which dispensary are you getting the medicine from?
    My doctor said a new one opened up in lake worth ?
    5 weeks is not that bad but I’m counting the days
    Just buy some weed from a buddy. Some one you know has the sticky. Why wait in pain?
    Simple it’s not legal!
    The card doesn’t allow flower in Florida yet
    The MM Law GA wrote isn't worth the piece of paper it's written on.
    bocapup1 wrote: »
    Simple it’s not legal!
    The card doesn’t allow flower in Florida yet

Pain should be illegal but it isn't.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,100 Admiral
    Pup, I went to the Trulieve dispensary in Clearwater but they have recently opened in Bradenton as well, which is much closer to me here in Sarasota. It looks like Knox Medical ( http://www.knoxmedical.com ) will have an office at 1 S. Dixie Highway Suite A, Lake Worth, FL. Not sure if it is opened yet or not. Trulieve shows a dispensary down at 4020 Northwest 26th Street Miami, FL 33142 ( www.trulieve.com ). Trulieve seems to have more strains and products available at this time and does offer home delivery to anywhere in Florida for $25.00.

Here are the websites of the other dispensary companies I am aware of, but more have recently been added so hopefully the costs will come down and the selections go up:

https://aphria.com/florida/

http://growhealthy.com
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,129 Admiral
    Live with back pain everyday. Doc says refracture, 12" rods and multiple screws and it will go away. No way in hell and I'm doing that.

I can relate to your pain, been thru a lot in the past 20 years. Here is what I did/do to deal with the pain -

1) Morning back pain - I bought a Therma-Pedic(foam) mattress and it has done wonders when sleeping and getting out of bed.

2)Heavy lifting which ruptured a disc - Pain was horrible and the sciatica was worse than the lower back pain. Took pain pills and muscle relaxers for about a month, time eventually eliminated the pain however, was a 6 to 9 month period.

3) Snowmobile accident - Was going at a high rate of speed and hit a gate post. Ended up in a trauma center for 5 days where the surgeons strongly suggested that I get rods and pins to support the spine, my brother-in-law who is a radiologist advised me not to as he has seen cases where the rods and pins end up making the pain worse, I declined the surgery and made a full recovery, however, the pain existed for around 9 months after the accident.

4)Today - When I do any type of work where it involves bending over or lifting heavy items, my lower back pain comes back, it goes away if I sit for 20 to 30 minutes. I just have to deal with it.
  • SeaSpySeaSpy Posts: 364 Deckhand
    Yep, I would be interested in this too.
    I am sure my SSD will cover the cost,yes?
    As it does for all of my other entitlements.

After working all day at my cash jobs,
    painting, mowing yards and pressure cleaning my back and knees are killing me. Then my team mates suffer as I cant run
    the bases or jack them HR's on my weekly Tuesday & Wednesday softball league.

Then it even more painful to fish offshore and hump that tree stand into the woods.

It would be awesome to have yet another benifit in free weed , I mean medicine!

Life would be so much enjoyable when I can remained stoned all day.
    Ron Alford Expert Investigations & Surveillance
    www.seaspy.theplan.com

Well, today's doc visit was to schedule surgury early next month. Physical therapy hasn't done crap. My pain has decreased but turned into numbness/tingling of my entire left arm and hand. Feels like my arm is asleep most if the day and night. Got some left hand muscle atrophy developing. Going in for a C7 fusion. While I'm under he's going to repair where the nerve grinds over my elbow because of a bone chip that is allowing that to happen and also repair some carpal tunnel in my wrist. His PA said I won the left arm trifecta. Yeah, baby!

Pain meds are stacking up!

That don't sound like any fun. I get those steroid shots in my ankles, It'll make you come off that table when he sticks the needle in the bone. It's all I can do not to move.

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,790 AG

Pot won't help shoulder pain. It's not a pain med... Surgery or live with it. Sorry.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 507 Officer

Have a friend that had stem cell therapy for his back. He could not lay on his back and reach up. Working under a car was out. He walked humped over and took oxy to get around. After the injection no more pain pills and was able to walk upright.
    Stem cells are taken out of your fat and injected into your problem area. They promote new cell growth that repairs damaged areas.

• dave44dave44 Posts: 6,229 Admiral

A badly broken arm that followed a fracture by a few years left a big impingement 30 years later. After surgery that arm is good as new.

I worked that way for a year trying to complete some projects, had 1 cortisone shot that helped a couple of months, the next one did nothing.
    The longer you learn to work around a problem like that the longer recuperation takes to get you back to normal.
    They say.

My back is a different story, I doubt a little Mary Jane would make a dent in it when it’s really acting up.
    Aspirin/Tylenol does nothing.

@dave44 said:
    A badly broken arm that followed a fracture by a few years left a big impingement 30 years later. After surgery that arm is good as new.

I worked that way for a year trying to complete some projects, had 1 cortisone shot that helped a couple of months, the next one did nothing.
    The longer you learn to work around a problem like that the longer recuperation takes to get you back to normal.
    They say.

I'm right at 12 months dealing with mine. Hopefully, next month will be the last.

The first couple of days after surgery were rough, but it was a rapid recovery, and I pushed it. Going in the doc said he wasn’t sure how bad it was and recovery could take months, coming out he said there was very minor tearing but the impingement was the main culprit and I should work it pretty hard.

If you have bad tearing you will want to be more careful, he’ll let you know.

Look, I quoted myself hahahahahaha. Hmmmm.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,144 Captain

@Resinhead said:

@dave44 said:

They say.

I'm right at 12 months dealing with mine. Hopefully, next month will be the last.

Got a friend here going through same deal. Doc says it's not bad enough for surgery yet.

@dave44 said:
    The first couple of days after surgery were rough, but it was a rapid recovery, and I pushed it. Going in the doc said he wasn’t sure how bad it was and recovery could take months, coming out he said there was very minor tearing but the impingement was the main culprit and I should work it pretty hard.

If you have bad tearing you will want to be more careful, he’ll let you know.

I've torn my rotator cuff in college but this is an impingement. At first I thought it was a tear because it hurt just like the cuff. After 2 rounds if xrays and mri's it's been shown that the disc between C6 and C7 is hardly there. The elbow and wrist are just piling on. At 52, 53 the day of surgury, my disregard for my body as a kid is rearing its head.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file