Fri night 9/22 gator success...

Boy, they were active and dumb this past Friday night. Took a 10'2, and a couple nice little meat gators at 7'6 and 6'8. First line in all three was crossbow. Was pretty cool to get that close to the big boy and coiner with archery gear.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,592 Captain
    Looks like you guys have managed to fill the freezer!:thumbsup
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,111 Officer
    Nice! Where do you have to hit them with an arrow for a kill shot with archery gear?

Livin' the Dream !
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,799 Moderator
    LilOrange wrote: »
    Nice! Where do you have to hit them with an arrow for a kill shot with archery gear?

Kill shot... haha. I've spined some little ones and they've gone pretty ridged on me, but they have all been most definitely alive. As such they received bang stick before I went to taping up the toothy end.

In terms of a big boy, the arrow is just a way to attach a line so that you can wear him out.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,111 Officer
    Kill shot... haha. I've spined some little ones and they've gone pretty ridged on me, but they have all been most definitely alive. As such they received bang stick before I went to taping up the toothy end.

In terms of a big boy, the arrow is just a way to attach a line so that you can wear him out.

I gotcha. I know nothing about gator hunting.....as you can tell. Interesting......makes sense. Learn something new everyday.

Do they have any kind of size limit restrictions? How many can you kill per year? I hear y'all talk about having "tags" & filling you're annual "tags". Again, know nothing about it......just interesting.

Livin' the Dream !
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,799 Moderator
    Tags are state issued. You apply for your top unit choices and then they are issued by lottery. If you apply and are drawn you must purchase. Each permit gets you two tags. Each permit is good for one of four weeks beginning Mid aug. After all those four weeks phases have been ru, all tags are good through end oct. clear as mud, right? If you really want to have some fun, looks up the legal methods of take. ��

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file