Fishing Report 9/24

Not a great fishing report but got to start somewhere.
Well it has been a rough couple weeks. We were fortunate the house and boat only had minor damage. Had to wench boat off seawall and back onto the lift but it only had cosmetic damage. You can read a detailed report of my first couple days on my website under fishing reports (After Tuesday). Saturday afternoon 1st chance to run boat. Got past the 1 mile no wake and opened her up. Ran great for a couple miles. Then steering problems so back to dock. Sunday morning, I fixed the problems and was ready for sea trial after some more clean up. Headed out with a couple rods and bait along for the test ride. Boat ran great and seas were flat calm. It was like snorkeling but on the boat. The beautiful water was mesmerizing and reminded me why we love this place. Drove around enjoying the gin clear water while looking for current. With no wind and no current I picked a rock and dropped some chum to try for something even if small. That is what I got: small YT, mangroves, schoolmaster and grunts. It didn’t matter because I was back on the water fishing again. Did end up with a few keepers only put 2 in the box for dinner because I wasn’t sure about our freezer. Second pic is the house is on east sister rock, island rental house.
Next report will be all about fishing.

There will be months of clean up and rebuilding but it is still the Keys
Thoughts and prayers for all – Stay Keys Strong

Island House on east sister rock

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Fishing/Snorkeling/Sunset Cruise

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file