Grouper

What are the best locations for mid October grouper around Boca Grande either inshore or offshore 15-20 miles? Also where does the hard bottom start if we wanted to bounce buck tails on the rocks?
Thanks
AA15

Replies

• sk018sk018 Posts: 2,670 Captain
    What are the best locations for mid October grouper around Boca Grande either inshore or offshore 15-20 miles? Also where does the hard bottom start if we wanted to bounce buck tails on the rocks?
    Thanks
    AA15
    Don't know about down there. But, I would assume 50-60 fow watch your finder. Tip a bucktail with half of a sardine and if on any hard bottom will get hit by grouper quickly.
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,348 Admiral
    Gag grouper will be in the passes.
    Troll man's stretch 25's in 12-30 feet of water.
    No need to go offshore
  • hookedonchartershookedoncharters Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I run 15-20 miles out of placida and look for the drops it can be as little as 1/2ft to produce nice fish. A nice structure scan will help you tremendously.
  • Amateur Angler15Amateur Angler15 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    sk018 wrote: »
    Don't know about down there. But, I would assume 50-60 fow watch your finder. Tip a bucktail with half of a sardine and if on any hard bottom will get hit by grouper quickly.
    1/2oz bucktsil or bigger ?
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,670 Captain
    4oz You want to drift and cover some ground to find good areas. spro 4-6oz keep it close to bottom
  • Amateur Angler15Amateur Angler15 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Thanks all

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file