Post storm mullet run reports?

I went down to the beach north of the Juno pier this AM. I did not see any mullet. Any reports.

Fireman Bill

Replies

• area52area52 Posts: 513 Officer
    A few pods of finger mullet around Lake Worth inlet.
  • OldSaltOldSalt Posts: 129 Officer
    area52 wrote: »
    A few pods of finger mullet around Lake Worth inlet.

Ditto Hillsboro on 9.12.17
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 333 Deckhand
    still plenty moving south up here in Jacksonville so fear not they should be getting to you soon!
  • Go0ganGo0gan StuartPosts: 81 Greenhorn
    A lot in st lucie and indian in stuart
  • KaimanaKaimana Posts: 231 Officer
    I saw a ton of finger mullet up near the NPB golf course the other night
  • FlfjackFlfjack Posts: 642 Officer
    fingers are thick inside BBI.
    East Boynton
    IG jack.bbi
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,374 Captain
    Saw plenty the other night in downtown Stuart, and even more on the east side of the ICW in Jensen yesterday morning.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • GRSCGRSC Posts: 926 Officer
    Flfjack wrote: »
    fingers are thick inside BBI.

x2

My canal is loaded... so is my freezer :fishing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReelHazardReelHazard Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    How about Jupiter? Haven't been out due to marina being closed but if I can get out this weekend, I'll be searching. Thanks for any input.
  • Fireman BillFireman Bill Posts: 524 Officer
    I walked the beach from Carlin Park to Jupiter Inlet the last two mornings at dawn. Saw a few mullet . I caught one 24 inch snook this morning from the beach 100 yards south of the jetty. Very slow. I got a report of a big school of mullet near Port Everglades this AM so I guess the first flurry of mullet snuck past me while I was playing with my hurricane shutters.

Fireman Bill
  • Go0ganGo0gan StuartPosts: 81 Greenhorn
    They were thick after the storm. Seems like a false start though in stuart.
  • BullMarketBullMarket Posts: 164 Deckhand
    Got out yesterday and they were decent numbers by the SLI. But far from the full force of the run.
    Palm Beach Pure Skin Care and Cosmetics PalmBeachPure.com
    I was at Jupiter Inlet this morning at dawn. A few mullet but nothing going on. NE wind. There is a building swell. Coffee colored water. I checked Coral Cove, Hobe Sound Beach and Hobe Sound Wildlife Refuge. Nothing going on. The fish Gods want me to clean up my yard I guess.

Fireman Bill
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 509 Officer
    Fireman Bill, good seeing you today. It looks like the lower keys is opening tomorrow morning. May be there for a few days. Find the mullet for me while I'm gone.
    Steve,

Good luck in the Keys. My son is catching striped bass today on a top water plug at school. Very unfair,

Fireman Bill
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 796 Officer
    Plenty of mullet in Jupiter around the inlet. Didn't take long to get a few dozen in the well. Tossed a few in the Inlet around some docks but no takers. Water still looks like coffee.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • AftershockAftershock Posts: 163 Deckhand
    Small pods of finger mullet around peanut island today.
  • LiveSouthFLLiveSouthFL Posts: 119 Deckhand
    I've seen a few small pods in the ICW in Highland Beach, but have been too busy dealing with post storm stuff to even think about throwing the net on them.
    Ed Moore
    Broker-Owner
    Live South Florida Realty, Inc.
    LiveSouthFL.com

*FREE MLS app for your mobile device: Text EDMOORE to 87778 or visit: http://87778.mobi/EDMOORE/
  • ReelHazardReelHazard Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    Went out on the kayak by MacArthur/Munyon and they were all over the place. 3"-5"
  • odm2809odm2809 Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    At Juno beach yesterday was a big school offshore with tarpon and spinner sharks on it but nothing within casting distance.
  • zzzzzzsplashzzzzzzsplash Posts: 481 Deckhand
    Was at Jupiter Inlet on the south jetty Tuesday, no mullet but did see a guy pull in a pretty 24" redfish. Sawfish Bay had a large school of finger mullet yesterday and I saw a few hog legs floating in the debris. Peanut Island area holding tons of small white bait this morning.
  • Patchs52Patchs52 Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    The Mullet run is in full swing as of 09/21/17 the earman river is loaded. The storm put a delay on them but they are thick now.
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 509 Officer
    Fished a little south of juno. There were small schools of finger mullet along with some bigger sized schools. Most of them staying past the break. A "less than fair" amount of predators around. Lots and lots and lots of weeds. Water is coffee with two half and halfs
  • ginghyginghy Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Mullet in Boca!
  • Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,809 Captain
    I saw a bunch of finger mullet in Jupiter Inlet the past few days. A few guys said they were catching some nice redfish as well. The water is nasty brown but full of life.
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
  • Jonny on the SpotJonny on the Spot Posts: 39 Deckhand
    Went out last night, from about 5PM to midnight. Fished in Lake Worth lagoon from North bridge to Peanut Island. Mullet everywhere. Finger mullet by docks along Palm Beach with bigger mullet out away from docks. There's fish feeding on them. We got a tarpon, lost another, caught a big snook on a flairhawk by the bridge, but caught mostly ladyfish. The tide was incoming, maybe we would have caught more snook if we stuck around for the outgoing. Anyway, we had fun, had lots of action. It's going on, get out there.
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,865 Captain
    Near Peanut Island, my first throw of the net got me about 10 horse mullet. After that, I didn't get anything. I saw a few pods jump, but by the time I got to them, I didn't see anything in the water. The water was pretty darn murky.
  • TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 107 Deckhand
    We had to do a little searching for them around hiģh tide yesterday, but loaded up by Peanut.
  • area52area52 Posts: 513 Officer
    Inconsistent in Lake Worth Inlet area. Heavy one day, disappear the next. I hope there is a major push coming. If not it will be worst run in last three fall seasons.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file