Status Update

We couldn't get my boat out before the storm, if anyone is down there and can let me know how bad it is after the storm I would truly appreciate it. 51 West Cahill Ct behind Sea Center.
315-427-7755. Don't know why there is a **** smiley face in the title, I didn't put it there...
2016 39 Sea Vee
2008 37 Ocean Billfish
2005 30 Grady-White Marlin
1993 27 Ultress Catamaran
1985 Grady-White Trophy

Replies

• KeysNoleKeysNole Posts: 518 Officer
    We have one in the water and two on the trailers in Marathon. 20% of me wants to know how it's going...80% doesn't.
  • keylargo359keylargo359 Posts: 1,245 Officer
    AMPED wrote: »
    We couldn't get my boat out before the storm, if anyone is down there and can let me know how bad it is after the storm I would truly appreciate it. 51 West Cahill Ct behind Sea Center.
    315-427-7755. Don't know why there is a **** smiley face in the title, I didn't put it there...

A friend of mine sent me this pic of the pilot house restaurant ocean side MM100 he got it off the net

I know your 75 miles south but just wanted to share
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,561 Captain
    Waiting for update too
    Our friend was staying but left at last minute (glad he did)
    We know a couple other people who stayed
    Will post as soon as I hear from them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Fishing/Snorkeling/Sunset Cruise

. www.AOKCharters.com
  • NorthernNorthern Posts: 666 Officer
    Lordy.....This is horrible for the lower Keys. Recovery is going to take a very long time. Many things will never be the same. Also thinking about the animals that made the Key unique. Everything from the Key Deer to the colorful chickens that roamed the parking lots. Very depressing. Can't imaging what it might be like for anybody that stayed in questionable dwellings.
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 488 Deckhand
    The eye is from sugarloaf to big pine with summerland in the middle. This has happened 3 times in 25 years . Same exact thing. Amped- I hope your boat makes it, I can't stop thinking about mine.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,237 Admiral
    Northern wrote: »
    Lordy.....This is horrible for the lower Keys. Recovery is going to take a very long time. Many things will never be the same. Also thinking about the animals that made the Key unique. Everything from the Key Deer to the colorful chickens that roamed the parking lots. Very depressing. Can't imaging what it might be like for anybody that stayed in questionable dwellings.

Some of them will be back
  • AMPEDAMPED Posts: 584 Officer
    Thanks everyone, again Amy info will be greatly appreciated!
    2016 39 Sea Vee
    2008 37 Ocean Billfish
    1985 Grady-White Trophy
  • m9000m9000 Posts: 1,952 Captain
    Pressure in Key West is rising.

Link to weather stations across Florida.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/map/index.shtml?type=active&region=Florida

Waiting for the storm to hit my house in Cedar Key Monday.
  • Matt888Matt888 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Sucks. No clue if my house or boat were destroyed on BPK either. Power went out on a camera feed about 9pm last night. Now I'm bracing for it up in Tampa tonight. Wishing everyone safety through the storm and as little damage as feasible.
  • KCBKCB Posts: 118 Deckhand
    We have a house in Key Colony Beach. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Snake creek bridge is intact. Inspectors will check 7 mile soon. Surge has subsided rapidly, but still high. Roads are washed out in low places. I will try to keep up with the stuff being reported. By tonight an emergency and assessment team should be huddled up in marathon to examine the rest of the keys. Most info coming from heather. Commissioner of district 3.
    Keys are shut down until the ok is given. Could be days
  • lbudlbud Posts: 984 Officer
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • AMPEDAMPED Posts: 584 Officer
    Doesn't look good this is in front of Sea center
    2016 39 Sea Vee
    2008 37 Ocean Billfish
    1985 Grady-White Trophy
  • Bucknuts34Bucknuts34 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Any word on Boot key harbor area? Im on 27 th street in Marathon just looking for updates
    Were up in Ohio right now with family

Thanks
    Bucknuts34
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,944 Captain
    I ran down crack of dawn on Tuesday and put everything away and staked down the boat as it was on its trailer, put more tie downs on it and blocked the wheels with big rocks and put it on the north side of our home and lastly tied it to a palm tree about 25 feet from the house. My old Nissan Pathfinder was left under the house. I pretty much assume the worst, I read online of a 13 foot surge on Little Torch Key so it could be really bad on BPK but who knows. It may not be as bad as a local weather guy was on BPK and did some video of the surge and he estimated it was 3-4 feet but am not sure where he exactly was on the island. I should know more today about my home, street and its condition. From what I read and seen online Marathon probably got the worst of it Airlifts began last night with C130s coming into Marathon airport with aid, supplies, crews, etc.

This will forever change the landscape in our lovely Keys. We who own in the Keys have a personal stake in the area. I know for sure we will rebuild if its needed, there were just way too many GREAT DAYS in our past on BPK and more to look forward to in the future. Best of luck to everyone and stay safe.
    Thanks LA.... I'm hoping that 13ft surge reported for Little Torch wasn't correct. The 3-4 ft reported on BPK would be a lot easier to manage.

Anxious to hear the conditions of the road and bridges. At least some of the clean up can start soon if there are useable roads and bridges.
    https://youtu.be/jesYSXBMZh0

This has summerland. Just the main road. It's hard to watch.

The entire keys and Marathon got it bad but it was spared from the worst.
    It's hard watching all these videos. It looks bad everywhere. You literally cannot get out of big pine on the north end. The road is covered in debris 2 ft high
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,237 Admiral
    eaa1ce11acb76485743439f000cd96ea.jpgae35de9c37838a04bda120eed292021a.jpg4998b69e5ad4ee3f77b60ea09b5d624f.jpgcdc156169297f1e5bc62e59f87083fb7.jpg
    It's Rivamunstasteve...storm chasers got this. I took pictures of the radar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 12,970 AG
    Our Key Largo monster fixer-upper is oceanside. Last Weds I ran the 30 Grady 4 hours north to our little Lauderdale house and tied her up really well, took down the canvas, lots of extra fenders, pointed her north, etc.

Turns out that house was also in a Mandatory Evac zone! After looking online for a few hours, Jenn finally found a condo on Panama City Beach! At 0330 Friday, we loaded her Hybrid and headed north....... 24 hours later, we arrived.

So, we now are watching TV and seeing all the devastation in the Keys. Our favorite hang out, "Snapper's" is pretty much trashed. We feel bad for our friends that worked there.....

I shuttered up the house, taped the door openings up an extra foot, emptied the fridges, puller their plugs and propped the doors open.

Ironically, when we bought the house 5 years ago, it had not had the electric on for 6 months!

We hope to get back down asap and support as many local businesses as we can....... Got to get back to Lauderdale first....
    "Key Largo is too small to have a town drunk, so we all take turns."
  • mikeloewmikeloew Posts: 302 Deckhand
    The best of luck to all my buddies in the Keys. I can only hope we still have something left. I know I am preparing for the worst. At this time my only concern is my neighbors that decided to stay. Like everyone else I have not been able to get ahold of them. They were all staying Oceanside.
    Marathon vacation home for rent

http://www.floridakeyshomeforrent.com/
  • WARichWARich Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    I have been reading the mayors blog here:

http://keycolonybeach.net

Best to all and still praying for everyone.
  • woodytoowoodytoo Posts: 268 Officer
    Been looking for any updates from big pine - specifically port pine heights. Scary little info.

Anyone hear from piner?
    Bo G.
    Woody Too, Parker 2520XL
    Lil Woody, Carolina Skiff JVX16
    St Pete and Big Pine Key, Fl
    Two commercial men I've talked too that know of people there said 9 ft ocean side big pine and cudjoe. I hope that isn't true.
  • woodytoowoodytoo Posts: 268 Officer
    Great post about the kcb mayors blog. Any others like that? The lack of info is maddening! Trying to be patient ... bo
    Bo G.
    Woody Too, Parker 2520XL
    Lil Woody, Carolina Skiff JVX16
    St Pete and Big Pine Key, Fl
    woodytoo wrote: »
    Been looking for any updates from big pine - specifically port pine heights. Scary little info.

Anyone hear from piner?

Hopin Piner is OK as well. Harlan has relatives in northern Florida. He might be there. His home on Big Pine is on some of the higher ground on island. Anxious to hear from all the other local forum members.
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,944 Captain
    No info yet, hopefully soon.

Prayers to all, many were caught in the crosshairs, heard some really bad news but hoping for the best.
  • aboveboredabovebored Posts: 1,222 Officer
    If anyone knows when officials are allowing lower keys residents back into the keys I would really appreciate the info. I'm chomping at the bit up in Vero.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file