Paying a ticket?

flatsbroke22flatsbroke22 Posts: 398 Deckhand
How do you go about paying a ticket from fwc? Officer did not elaborate. I would like to mail it in.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v 200 Vmax HPDI
2006 Hobie Outfitter Tandem

Replies

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,401 Captain
    What type of ticket and what county?
  • flatsbroke22flatsbroke22 Posts: 398 Deckhand
    Franklin Co. I was one short on life preserver. $73 I just don't know where to mail or to who.
    2002 Pathfinder 2200v 200 Vmax HPDI
    2006 Hobie Outfitter Tandem
  • surfmansurfman Posts: 3,498 Captain
    I think I would call the FWC.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
    It should state where on the bottom or back of the citation. At any rate the citation should be paid at the Franklin County Clerk of Court.
  • Noj8152Noj8152 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    on the right half of the citation if it is printed there will be payment instructions. If it is a hand written citation, just call the clerk of court in the county it was issued.
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,547 Captain
    Not a warning first when all else is correct on the boat? Jeez some FWC officers are ruthless.
    Since a life jacket is the single most important piece of safety equipment one can have onboard i'm not surprised. Plus you don't know enough of the background to this situation to properly comment on it.
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 927 Officer
    :thumbsup:thumbsup
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Posts: 6,742 Admiral
    saltybum wrote: »
    Not a warning first when all else is correct on the boat? Jeez some FWC officers are ruthless.

I got a warning for leaving my class 5 throwable a the house accidentally. Never leaves the boat anymore. Of course he may have been lenient because we were in the mosquito lagoon and IRL. Not much chance of drowning in 2' of water. But we don't forget it now.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file