Couple Accused in Beating Over Cold Chicken

stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,340 Captain
Turned themselves in. I hope they throw the book at them.

A couple accused of attacking a woman and her daughter because they were served cold chicken at a Georgia food stand has surrendered.

Nathaniel and Latasha Smith turned themselves in Wednesday, Baxley police told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Authorities say the Smiths face aggravated assault charges following the June 22 attack caught on surveillance video in Baxley, a southeast Georgia town.

The couple assaulted Qwik Chick food stand owner Jeanette Norris and her 15-year-old daughter because of the portion size and temperature of their order, police say. Norris refunded their money and told them she had called police. Police say that's when Latasha Smith punched Norris, breaking her nose. They add surveillance video shows Nathaniel Smith punching the teen.

http://www.necn.com/news/national-international/Couple-Accused-of-Assault-Over-Cold-Chicken-Order-at-Georgia-Food-Stand-in-Custody-432900563.html?_osource=taboola-recirc

Replies

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,897 Admiral
    They will love the oatmeal (horse feed) in a paper cup that they serve in the Baxley jail.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,105 AG
    If you stop to eat at any place named Qwik Chick, you deserve what ever they serve you. Shut thfu and move on .
    Vote for the other candidate
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,340 Captain
    Gardawg wrote: »
    They will love the oatmeal (horse feed) in a paper cup that they serve in the Baxley jail.

Sounds like you been there.

When I worked for Lamar sign co. back in the mid 80's We were trimming around billboard signs in Baxley. I was trimming crepe myrtle trees on the ROW. A deputy saw us & took all of us to jail. Destruction of county property or some BS like that. We were part of the Tallahassee office back then. The sheriff agreed to let us go if someone came paid our fine the next day. So luckily we didn't have to spend the night in jail.

Those were rough days. We got arrested in Valdosta too once.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    What the hell has that got to do with this?
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
    Being in the Baxley jail.
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,673 Admin
    The guy cold cocked the girl. That should be more than assault. He must of weighed 350 to her 100lbs.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,409 Captain
    Griz wrote: »
    The guy cold cocked the girl. That should be more than assault. He must of weighed 350 to her 100lbs.

What else could you realistically charge him with? Assault with intent.....not likely
    Hopefully that will get worked out with the sentencing.
    Anybody want to bet on the defense attorney playing the race card here?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 4,863 Captain
    This has the makings of The Perfect Country Western Song.
    I was drunk the day they gave me cold chicken and the bilch wasn't happy, so I stepped out in the drive in lane, Before I go get to the Drive in window she run me over like a **** ole train..
    And I'll eat cold chicken just as long as she don,t kill me cause I never even knew her name..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 536 Officer
    I kinda like cold chicken.....even if not don't think it would justify punching out someone over it. See if they serve you hot chicken in jail moron....idiots around every corner.
    More than just "punching out" - how about blind siding a teenage girl protecting her mom?

http://fox13now.com/2017/06/26/couple-caught-on-camera-attacking-mom-and-daughter-over-cold-chicken/
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 536 Officer
    Menzies wrote: »
    More than just "punching out" - how about blind siding a teenage girl protecting her mom?

http://fox13now.com/2017/06/26/couple-caught-on-camera-attacking-mom-and-daughter-over-cold-chicken/

Over some **** chicken...disgusting...
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,706 Admiral
    Hate crime.
    I may be entitled to compensation.
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,707 Admiral
    SAENole wrote: »
    Hate crime.

Me too

Captain Todd Approves

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,474 Admiral
    SAENole wrote: »
    Hate crime.

I hate being served cold chicken also, bet they don't make that mistake again
    When this 1st happened & they showed the video there was no mention of the chicken being cold. It said they got mad about the portion size. The cold part came in about 3 days later.
    They do look like folks more concerned with portion size than temperature.

Captain Todd Approves

stc1993 wrote: »
    When this 1st happened & they showed the video there was no mention of the chicken being cold. It said they got mad about the portion size. The cold part came in about 3 days later.
    Nathaniel and Latasha Smith turned themselves in Wednesday
    unless they made a statement prior to their surrender how did that story make the news?
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,417 Officer
    unless they made a statement prior to their surrender how did that story make the news?
    Maybe someone else at the restaurant overheard the confrontation and talked to a reporter:shrug
    The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That is what they were arguing with the owner about, cold chicken and small portion of fries.
    Here is another angle. This one makes me think they had it coming to them

Captain Todd Approves

mplspug wrote: »
    Here is another angle. This one makes me think they had it coming to them

Fake news, but as a djt supporter I am sure you will believe anything
    Fast forwrd to 3;34
    [video]
    Someone get the net

Captain Todd Approves

• Capt Tony TakanawaCapt Tony Takanawa Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Seems like reasonable behavior.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral
    Who cares why, it should be Felony Assault, maximum sentence.

Plus an extra $100,000 fine for what is gonna cost to feed the fat POS
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,417 Officer
    Cane Pole wrote: »

Plus an extra $100,000 fine for what is gonna cost to feed the fat POS

This X100
    The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,409 Captain
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Cold chicken...or the punch in the nose?
    I guess it depends on how cold the chicken is....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,244 Captain
    I used to live and work not far from Baxley, GA. Where these two animals went crazy on a legitimate business.
    I don't understand why they weren't shot on the spot by the business owner.
    Folks up there must be getting soft.
    Too bad. Both of those animals just need killin'.
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,244 Captain
    Nuff said.
  • Capt Tony TakanawaCapt Tony Takanawa Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    guido4198 wrote: »
    I used to live and work not far from Baxley, GA. Where these two animals went crazy on a legitimate business.
    I don't understand why they weren't shot on the spot by the business owner.
    Folks up there must be getting soft.
    Too bad. Both of those animals just need killin'.

That story would have sounded like this: "innocent black man shot for no reason after assaulting a business owner"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file