Engel vs Yeti coolers

2»

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,897 Admiral
    Thanks for the info about Engle and their contributions.  They will be given heavy consideration when purchasing coolers from now on.

Captain Todd Approves

• joekat46joekat46 Posts: 1,846 Captain
    Similar discussion in General Hunting section of this forum.  RTIC got good comments and best price.  Big models still sold out however.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    Knotiko said:

Simply put.  I bought the first RTIC when they were doing one of their sales, it looked like a yeti and was way less than the price tag.  That cooler held up very well, holds ice like a champ and I have had 0 complaints with it.  I have also enjoyed to ability to stand on it and it not buckle (im a big guy).  I bought the second one when they went on sale again.  The reason I said I wouldn't go with another company is merely the fact, why pay almost double for the exact same product? 

Normally I agree.  Price cutting is not always the best, but if the price is so vastly different then that what will win.  Also, part of their marketing strategy is cutting out the middle man and passing the savings on to the consumers.

In short, the answer is yes because of price, but also because I feel like I am getting the same quality cooler for that price.

If price was the ultimate concern everyone would just buy colemans and not roto molded coolers.

Fair enough.  Thanks for the response.  
    Actually, we'd all buy 1982-esque styrafoam boxes that sit above the pizza section at the grocery store!
  • KnotikoKnotiko Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    Dixon said:
    Knotiko said:

Simply put.  I bought the first RTIC when they were doing one of their sales, it looked like a yeti and was way less than the price tag.  That cooler held up very well, holds ice like a champ and I have had 0 complaints with it.  I have also enjoyed to ability to stand on it and it not buckle (im a big guy).  I bought the second one when they went on sale again.  The reason I said I wouldn't go with another company is merely the fact, why pay almost double for the exact same product? 

Normally I agree.  Price cutting is not always the best, but if the price is so vastly different then that what will win.  Also, part of their marketing strategy is cutting out the middle man and passing the savings on to the consumers.

In short, the answer is yes because of price, but also because I feel like I am getting the same quality cooler for that price.

If price was the ultimate concern everyone would just buy colemans and not roto molded coolers.

Fair enough.  Thanks for the response.  
    Actually, we'd all buy 1982-esque styrafoam boxes that sit above the pizza section at the grocery store!
    Haha, I stand corrected.  Nothing like having your Styrofoam box break into a million pieces while carrying an 18 pack to the boat/beach. 
  • qotsaautopilotqotsaautopilot Posts: 41 Greenhorn
    Thing is the middle man is your neighbor or family member.  We all want everything top quality for cheap cheap prices.  Then we wonder why no one makes any money and the middle class disappears.  We all can’t own the cooler business.  We need the people selling and making the cooler to be making an honest wage and benefits as well.  

Disembarking soap box
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file