Missing member?

13»

Replies

• DeniseDenise Posts: 66 Deckhand
    He's peeping believe that 😂
  • Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,620 Admiral
    Cagey wrote: »
    It wasn't any disagreement. It was his personal harassments that were the problem with him. He would send me PM's with more of his forceful opinions he wanted to shove down my throat, and some PM's saying things like "Do you like to play games?" "Do you want to play games?" I just never replied to his stupid PM's and tried to block him but since he was a forum god a regular member like me could not block him.

I knew his days as a moderator were numbered since so many complained about him. I got PM's about that too from other members telling me they had my back and they would go to higher ups about him.

Gary was the reason a number of people either left or just stopped posting all together. So yeah, count me as one who is glad he picked up his toys and ran away. I do not miss him or his way of doing things around here.

If some like him that's fine. And if some don't that is fine too.

You think maybe all those obnoxious political hack had anything to do with declining posts?
  • SangsterSangster Posts: 84 Greenhorn
    Maybe he got a life? I see some post counts here that indicate there are plenty of others who should do the same.

edit...flame on...I probably won't see it and I know i won't care.
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 1,746 Captain
    Denise wrote: »
    He's peeping believe that ��
    Hi Denise, things good for you?
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,392 Officer
    Gary has more knowledge about Everglades Restoration than anyone here. But...everyone beat him up on his opinions!

I have no problem with his opinions, it's the arrogant, condescending manner in which he offered them that turned me off.
  • CageyCagey Posts: 611 Officer
    Chuckc wrote: »
    I have no problem with his opinions, it's the arrogant, condescending manner in which he offered them that turned me off.

Exactly. He abused his privilege of moderator status to take things to a level of unaccountability, especially when he began harassing through private emails on this forum and no one could block him because of his privileged status. A simple case of abuse of power used in wrong ways without accountability.

When this happened my only recourse was to ignore him and delete his harassing PM's without responding to any of them.

Another minor issue was when he imposed his biases upon the forum. Rather than allow freedom of discussion and freedom of opinion among the members, he would step in and try and control forum content based upon his own biases and shut down opinions he did not like or agree with. This type of thing discouraged forum members from even posting an opinion as long as he could impose without accountability.

This forum is for FloridaSportsmen as a group, not for one person to control as his own. He was too controlling over the forum content in my opinion. He ran off a lot of good members who no longer post here.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Posts: 6,737 Admiral
    Why was Polar never confirmed? It's a scandal!!!
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,192 Admiral
    Cagey wrote: »
    Exactly. He abused his privilege of moderator status to take things to a level of unaccountability, especially when he began harassing through private emails on this forum and no one could block him because of his privileged status. A simple case of abuse of power used in wrong ways without accountability.

When this happened my only recourse was to ignore him and delete his harassing PM's without responding to any of them.

Another minor issue was when he imposed his biases upon the forum. Rather than allow freedom of discussion and freedom of opinion among the members, he would step in and try and control forum content based upon his own biases and shut down opinions he did not like or agree with. This type of thing discouraged forum members from even posting an opinion as long as he could impose without accountability.

This forum is for FloridaSportsmen as a group, not for one person to control as his own. He was too controlling over the forum content in my opinion. He ran off a lot of good members who no longer post here.
    Are your balls the size of a peanut?

Jeezz man, grow a pair.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • gill nettergill netter Posts: 234 Officer
    I bet I could get him to show up...
  • toomertoomer Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Give it a go!
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,514 Admiral
    I must admit as a member who regularly disagreed with Gary I certainly wish him no ill will. I have been around sine 2004 and he certainly had a wealth of knowledge and information from the beginning. There have been times I have stuck up for him and times not so much, but all in all he definitely knows about the fisheries problems around the State as well as anyone. Maybe he will wander back and add to the forum again in time, but only time will tell.
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,919 Captain
    Site will come back from these lows at some point. Go look at RG (rotogrinders) sports site. It is a manipulation of the gambler. Try to golfing section, it is about gambling only. People are on there chatting as if, they know each other, like here. Yet, there is no names, location, personalities associated with the accounts. Just how RG wants it, that way they can flood the board with 10 time same user content, makes it look like so so many people are (into it) The Fantasy Sports is all the rage. Meanwhile, they have many employees working the board, like wrote, with several accounts. All about the money they generate in links to (where else) the places that let you GAMBLE.

Someday this will be back. It is a wave that was created by the cell phone, facebook, etc. that the younger gen. could not ignore, as time goes on, the next gen. will wise to it. My daughter at 19 was caught up in it hard from 10 - 17, because everyone she knew was doing it. She is learning, just a bigger curve, and partially our fault, I pushed for it to go away, but it is hard when your wife, sister in laws, cousins, etc. all are doing it...

Just dont give up... Things always work out... I liked Gary, he even band me for a few days once a long time ago... So what... part of life I guess... Liked Tater too...
    As I said before, Gary's job does not allow him to post on social media! And trust me he is doing what he loves.
  • gruntkinggruntking Posts: 788 Officer
    Gary really knew how to trigger the snowflakes. This thread proves that in a big way.
  • Pucker FactorPucker Factor Posts: 870 Officer
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    Are your balls the size of a peanut?

Jeezz man, grow a pair.

A little late to the game as not much here either for me, but that right there is funny as ****.
  • Reef BanditReef Bandit Posts: 969 Officer
    I heard from a pretty credible source that his wife left him. Now usually I wouldn't find any humor in this BUT Gary was/is the epitome of an ****. He literally LIKED to argue. I guess she got fed up with his BS as many of us did. The difference was that she had the ability to leave and not put up with him. We had no other choice as he was a moderator for a period of time until F.S. finally got smart and dumped him too. The forum should be a place where we have fun. He took it as a place to pick fights. As they say on that old TV show "The Weakest Link"..... "GOOD BYE".
    Trust a comment by a know poacher???

I don't think so.

Gary is a community outreach coordinator for SFWMD. He most likely stopped posting so it did not interfere with the good work he does.
  • Reef BanditReef Bandit Posts: 969 Officer
    Heard his wife dumped him. Who says women don't get smarter when they get older?
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,192 Admiral
    Heard his wife dumped him. Who says women don't get smarter when they get older?
    as an ocean ****, I enjoyed the back and forth with Gary, we both know how the game is played, still cross paths at times with more common ground than not.

We can all hear a lot of things..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • toomertoomer Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Finding humor in such "news" can reveal much about a man's character., too
13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file