Missing member?

toomertoomer Posts: 316 Deckhand
I hope this is alright to post, but I have not seen anything from Mr. Collechio since December. Did I miss something? Is he OK?

Replies

• ScarecrowScarecrow Posts: 337 Deckhand
    Nobody cares.
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,017 Admiral
    gary-colecchio-florida-sportsman-forum.jpg

Captain Todd Approves

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,619 Captain
    Good riddance
  • SnookMan772SnookMan772 Posts: 648 Officer
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Good riddance

I'm with Westwall!

He was removed from his Moderator duties and then he took his ball and went home.
  • toomertoomer Posts: 316 Deckhand
    Thanks for the response and an answer.
  • DPrestonDPreston Posts: 153 Officer
    The sky seems a little bluer and the sun a little brighter around here these days :cool:
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Good riddance
    I'm with Westwall!

He was removed from his Moderator duties and then he took his ball and went home.
    :grin
    Well if I can't win, then I won't play in the sandbox.
    Or something like that.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
    exactly
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,459 Admiral
    I know the guy has fought for my fishing rights. Not sure what happened lately, but in reality its a loss for this site, without confrontation its not a real community.
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    Finfinder wrote: »
    I know the guy has fought for my fishing rights. Not sure what happened lately, but in reality its a loss for this site, without confrontation its not a real community.
    In total disagreement to your reality comment. Smh.
    He is a condescending know it all with zero people skills.
    Rant over.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
    Darcy wrote: »
    In total disagreement to your reality comment. Smh.
    He is a condescending know it all with zero people skills.
    Rant over.

Maybe try reading his replies in your happy voice, maybe won't sound so bad. :grin So when is this place going to get better ?
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,857 Captain
    Several "leftover lefties" still post and some do their best to sneak in political comments. More of a hit and run type attack than true arguments anymore.
    joekat46 wrote: »
    Several "leftover lefties" still post and some do their best to sneak in political comments. More of a hit and run type attack than true arguments anymore.

All families and communities have some conflict or its fake.
    I think people took him a little too personal. I think he enjoyed the jousting and trying to push people's buttons...maybe more than he should have. Or maybe he was just trying to be a ---- on purpose. Like a Tootsie Pop, the world may never know.

Captain Todd Approves

It was weird in the end it looked to me like a few posters went to politics with an agenda to get it shut down. Those same guys hardly post here anymore, yet are openly glad politics is gone. Who knows maybe 1/2 the people who post on FS use multiple alter ego screen names . :huh
    To me, a Con Forum outsider who "knows his place" in much of this ongoing debate, I found many of his posts useful. He may indeed be an jazz, but he referenced much material and linked to many good sources of info. Yes, his tone was abrasive. But he got as good as he gave.

I really liked how he pushed folks to reveal their true identities, and those who never would always left me wondering about who or what they represent.

Anyway, the site is much less interesting to me without his posts.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Officer
    toomer wrote: »

I really liked how he pushed folks to reveal their true identities, and those who never would always left me wondering about who or what they represent.

So "Toomer" is what is on your birth certificate?....:)

Some people were real "AH's" about wanting to know all sorts of information about people whom they disagreed with here...."What's your name and address" was about as stupid as stupid could be....and if someone answered these "AH's"....they would be stupider than stupid....

Glad he's gone....
    On Wednesday, 1/25/2017...Florida Sportsman "Big Kahunna"......"Triple Threat 33T" gave his "official word"...and greasy thumb print...by saying....."Here's your written rules Schmidty, No Politics in OT. You're welcome."

...and with that history was made...:)
    You don't have to give your name to make known your affiliations, and since many of these threads are so agenda driven it is only right to reveal any official capacity you may serve in, if you have any. Most seem to do just that, but Gary pushed a couple of the more knowledgable and issue oriented posters to fess up, and in the interest of transparency I felt that was correct.
    I am still waiting for my $10 from Chubs.

Captain Todd Approves

Glad both of those clowns are gone, and I definitely believe toomer if overrating the one he's speaking of...
    Schmidty wrote: »
    So "Toomer" is what is on your birth certificate?....:)

Some people were real "AH's" about wanting to know all sorts of information about people whom they disagreed with here...."What's your name and address" was about as stupid as stupid could be....and if someone answered these "AH's"....they would be stupider than stupid....

Glad he's gone....

:rolleyes
    Florida being about as flat as Olive Oil has it's share of problems with weather.....

My personal belief is that if all the Yankees got kicked out..... the entire state would pop up about 25 feet! :)

....but that would ruin a whole bunch of "beaching" for many in the state....:)
    Finfinder wrote: »
    It was weird in the end it looked to me like a few posters went to politics with an agenda to get it shut down. Those same guys hardly post here anymore, yet are openly glad politics is gone. Who knows maybe 1/2 the people who post on FS use multiple alter ego screen names . :huh

Hahahahaha....

And when a person would come here ....and say something that your buddy didn't agree with...they would immediately get days...sometimes weeks ...if not months of ..."who are you?..."what's your other names"?...."how many times have you been banned?..."what your real name"?...."where do you live"..."what's the name of your boat"?....and so on....and then his barbie knee pad wearing clown friend would join in and berate those who were not in the fan club...

I was happy just lurking here for years...until your boy and all the suck-ups went after a guy so bad that I registered and told them what I thought of them....so they turned on me....hahahahaahaha...:)

A bigger pack of candy azzes I never saw...:)
    On Wednesday, 1/25/2017...Florida Sportsman "Big Kahunna"......"Triple Threat 33T" gave his "official word"...and greasy thumb print...by saying....."Here's your written rules Schmidty, No Politics in OT. You're welcome."

Hahahahaha....

And when a person would come here ....and say something that your buddy didn't agree with...they would immediately get days...sometimes weeks ...if not months of ..."who are you?..."what's your other names"?...."how many times have you been banned?..."what your real name"?...."where do you live"..."what's the name of your boat"?....and so on....and then his barbie knee pad wearing clown friend would join in and berate those who were not in the fan club...

I was happy just lurking here for years...until your boy and all the suck-ups went after a guy so bad that I registered and told them what I thought of them....so they turned on me....hahahahaahaha...:)

A bigger pack of candy azzes I never saw...:)

My boy, seriously ? You are just full of drama aren't you.
    ...and you're not?....hahahahah...:)

What big tears you have grandma...:)

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 3,842 Captain
    Yea, Gary was the problem here.....:rolleyes
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,473 Admiral
    surfman wrote: »
    Yea, Gary was the problem here.....:rolleyes

Well maybe not "the" but "a" problem, yes I agree.
    He was a wealth of knowledge...at times.
    I've met him at Fisherman rallies and gatherings, had lunch with him, a personable guy
    But something changed over the years. Don't know what it was, perhaps aging. I can only speculate

But his change was gradual.

He may be back. Perhaps his current outlook on life and other matters will give him a different view on things, and he'll come back and speak and provide valuable information on matters he actually knows about.

(Current moderators that are FofG please don't take this an assualt or bashing of Gary, just an observation)
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,407 Admiral
    I got along fine with Gary, we disagreed on policy at times but it never got personal.

He and I have a good understanding of how fishery management and politics work, most of the rest of y'all just wear tin hats.:grin

I said "most"
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    I don't see how any of you could think of him as a "problem". It's a forum for goodness sakes, not a hot tub.
  • Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,748 Admiral
    Gary has unique knowledge of issues especially related to Everglades Restoration.

His absence is another sign of problems with this forum.
    toomer wrote: »
    I don't see how any of you could think of him as a "problem". It's a forum for goodness sakes, not a hot tub.

LOL

I particularly liked the way he tried very hard not to insult/attact people and break the forum rules. He was about 50/50 in that respect. Pun intended.

Captain Todd Approves

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file