Question for dog hunters.

2»

Replies

• Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,846 Captain
    Public hunter have you ever heard of culling? We would not have any livestock,show animals"including dogs",or many of the common pets we have now if humans kept breeding unproductive animals. Sorry to the squeamish,but a dog that won't hunt ain't worth feeding.
  • birddog0219birddog0219 Posts: 86 Deckhand
    Johny thank you for your help.
  • pbchunterpbchunter Posts: 233 Officer
    got my one of my cur back from them with his nuts cuts and he actually hunts better then ever!
  • gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,501 Captain
    You could to give them the liquid version of HGH. Give it to them a little each day before the season then the night before you are going to hunt em give them 1 dose plus 50% more.

But I agree your problem is the lead dog not leading them.

You can have 8 decent hounds that will run till their legs wore down. But without one or two lead dogs to cold trail and eventually jump the deer they are just a bunch of dogs.

What is a football team without a good quarterback? need to have a leader.
    "sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972
  • Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,846 Captain
    Problem I have now is I have 4 young dogs and one older veteran who don't get along with other males that well. My old puppy trainer is gone now so I have to keep my one male back some when I put them out. My three youngest dogs are hard driven but will trash if they don't find any hog sign. They did pretty good last year I got a few porkers with them. One of the hardest things to do is start puppys without a dead broke veteran dog.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file