Full Reloading Set-Up from Herters $175?

SOLD. Gonna need some advice and help with this one. I am doing this for an elderly neighbor who lost her husband a few years back. Jack was an avid hunter from Pennsylvania area and had this reloading set-up in an old box in the storeroom. Wife recently had to move nearer the kids and ask me to help her clean out the shed. I came across this box full of reloading equipment which I know nothing about. I have looked at some of the individual piece on eBay to get an idea of what price to put on the whole kit. Not sure if I am close to a fair asking price as I know this is "old school" but substantial made product by Herters. Anyway, here are the pics I took of everything in the box. I can try to answer any questions but I have very little to zero knowledge on reloading. Also, shipping would probably be around 40 lbs in weight. I will start off asking around $175 but please let me know if I am way high or way low. Hoping to get it to someone at a fair price who can use it or teach a youngster to use it. Here are the pics and I am located in Edgewater, FL. I travel to Daytona and as far south as Titusville if that will help with delivery. Thanks and appreciate any input.

Replies

• hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,278 Officer
    Your price is fair. There's more value in the dies and projectiles than the press itself. Good luck with the sale
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png
  • barlow46barlow46 Posts: 294 Deckhand
    Thanks hooknline. Appreciate the response..
    New price: $150
  • nofishtodaynofishtoday Posts: 1,055 Officer
    eBay would yield more if you sold in singles
    If you're on fb, put it up on the group "reloading central".
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

eBay would yield more if you sold in singles

Would do that but don't have the time and knowledge to price individually and then ship. Let's try $100 local pickup and see if some else is interested in separating it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • 250sav250sav Posts: 94 Greenhorn
    I see 4 maybe 5 sets of dies that are still usable without a lot of work. Those alone are worth what he's asking. If I was still reloading, this would have been mine a long time ago. Really good deal for someone.
    Jerry,
    email sent.
    Thanks
    $85 takes it all.
    This has got to go and don't have the time for eBay and shipping. $50 local pickup.
    I'll take it. Do you ever get down towards osteen or sanford?

hooknline wrote: »
    I'll take it. Do you ever get down towards osteen or sanford?

Not really, but I could meet you in Oak Hill where Maytown Road runs into US 1 about 20 minutes east of Osteen.
    Also, have some other options. Will send you a private message.
    Sold pending funds.
    Good meeting you and thanks

Thank you. Nice meeting you also.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file