First WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

2»

Replies

• JagerschnappsJagerschnapps Posts: 102 Officer
    WAY TO GO!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
    Hobie Revolution, PA12
  • IMD1IMD1 Posts: 113 Officer
    It's funny there was recently a post by someone asking if anyone has ever caught one from a Yak...Truly speechless. Awesome catch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JoeBCJoeBC Posts: 608 Officer
    Time to step up to the plate and catch a sword. ;)
  • mangohunter11mangohunter11 Posts: 442 Officer
    Rob your the man! I knew one of you bastards where going to catch a wahoo and day! Congrates brotha!
    Now lets man up and come play with my 10 foot bullsharks! they are more than willing to dance!

@joseBC trust me its in the works. Its crossed my mind alreay!
  • NELBAGNELBAG Posts: 251 Officer
    Congrats! But dont be stupid with the weather. Be careful out there.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,657 Admin
    Tight work. :beer
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • PlightPlight Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    WOW man that's an awesome fish, especially from a kayak. congrats!
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,618 Captain
    Best catch of the year. Wahoo takes the prize for a fish hooked out of a kayak off the East Coast.
  • EricD1980EricD1980 Posts: 181 Officer
    I dunno about swords. All the sword fishing I ever done is at night, in 1000+ feet, with water lit up attracting bait, full sized rigged squid, glow sticks, line counters, ballon floats, massive lead weights, 80w reels, long hours in the night drinking beer, bean bag chairs with guys half a sleep telling stories of the that one girl in the past you dont ever talk about.. A mess really, but oh so worth it when you get one (sword, not the girl). Now setting up in a yak for it, uhhh errr yikes. Now i dunno if if swords will come shallow (meaning less than 500 feet) but I thought they were deep water valley and structure fish, so in my mind jsut getting out to sword fish waters especial at night, no go safety standard with out a boat standing by.
  • joedaddyjoedaddy Posts: 69 Deckhand
    re: Eric D
    -might be fun off a mothership...still take on the fight from the yak, but have the boat haul you out and keep you company? Oh yeah -and to help haul all that meat back to shore.
    Put rod in holder, kick back and wait for all chaos to break loose!
    Anyone??
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    im down... that will be awesome.... sooner or later someone here in the south will make it happen... just a matter of time.....
    sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png
  • EricD1980EricD1980 Posts: 181 Officer
    Oh with the right safety i am so down. It would be a serious drift way out in the way dark. With a mothership on calm night it would be cool. Get 4 or 5 yaks with a line each in the water, have a full rigged squid with a green glow stick shoved in its tube on each. Line count each yak to the different depths. Get pottymouths smooth jazz going, kick your feet up and wait. I dont know that i have a real that would work for any really decent sword.
    I'd have to rig a truck wench or something -LOL
    That'd be sooo coool
  • SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    You know I gotta guy that'll drop us off out there brother...I'm looking forward to late spring before I plan that one tho! Gotta get my yft firsy, then sword!
  • golflaxfishgolflaxfish Posts: 455 Deckhand
    absolutely awesome catch rob!!!!!

ummm, swording from a kayak?? not the brightest idea i've ever seen running across this forum; there are just a few too many variables (or is there some sort of subsection for gripes that i don't know about that I should post this on.. :shrug).
    1970 23 Seabird
  • blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 587 Officer
    Sounds bad ***!! I'd be down for something like that.
    absolutely awesome catch rob!!!!!

ummm, swording from a kayak?? not the brightest idea i've ever seen running across this forum; there are just a few too many variables (or is there some sort of subsection for gripes that i don't know about that I should post this on.. :shrug).
    you must haven't met Joel?
    He'll run into a burning building if there's a big fish flopping around in it LOL
    :Sinking
    With gasoline draws on. And most likely will come out unharmed with perfectly cooked fish...
  • SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    :Rockon:full:fullYEAH BUDDY!
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    HAHA !! Love that one.
  • p914p914 Posts: 476 Deckhand
    Great fish! When you got it to your yak did you gaff it or what?
    Hell yea. Spear gaff ended it quick.
  • p914p914 Posts: 476 Deckhand
    Cool! I bet it dragged you around for a while eh?:Rockon
  • sepaiksepaik Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Very impressive. Nice fish, Kayak and a vertical jig, that a triple win!:machinegun
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Thats a big hoo! Very well done. Congrats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
    Thanks fellas.... :wink
  • Redfish ChuckRedfish Chuck Posts: 107 Officer
    very nice
  • STRiZSTRiZ Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Unbelievable

Such a dart from the Yak

That is a A Game catch for sure
  • FloridaFlatsMasterFloridaFlatsMaster Posts: 102 Officer
    awesome fish!!
    Thanks again... My wahoo catch made it in The early summer edition 2012 of kayak angler magazine!!!!!!
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file