Prop issue

Travis GTravis G Posts: 490 Deckhand
ok, I screwed up and posted this in off topic and well......got a couple answers but mostly a bunch of crap.

18.5' Baycraft flats with a mid 80's 150 Johnson. need a new prop but what? the one that came with it is a 14 1/2x 22 but the tips are jacked pretty bad. keep in mind i just got this motor. hooked up the tach and here we go. put a 14.5x24 on it.no good 4400rpm. the old 22p only 4600rpm. looks like a 19p in the future?

yes it has hyd jack plate and tabs and thats with everything in its correct position. i really thought it would sling a higher pitch than that

Replies

• FOREVERHOOKEDFOREVERHOOKED Posts: 90 Deckhand
    Irun a 15x17pitch on my 150 merc good hole shot good top side 5500-5600rpms
  • Travis GTravis G Posts: 490 Deckhand
    well i was gonna try a 19 today but when i got to the ramp and decided to put the new prop on i discovered it was the wrong spline. BS
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,095 Admiral
    Just make sure you don't lug that ole motor. You're better off under pitched a bit than over.
    true enough, it needs to turn. ive gotta find a 19 to try somewhere
  • Tom FoleyTom Foley Posts: 111 Officer
    true enough, it needs to turn. ive gotta find a 19 to try somewhere
    Try Screamandfly.com , lots of props and good guys on this site .Fastbass.com , another good site with lots of parts for sale . Also try Chris at Sutherland Marine service in Ozona 727-789-4578 he is an OMC guy with lots of props in stock used . Pelican Marine also 727-863-5409 many props .

Marine Specialties Custom Fabricators

http://www.marinespecialties.com/
    35clqbn.jpg

34j4oko.jpg
    Tom Foley wrote: »
    Try Screamandfly.com , lots of props and good guys on this site .Fastbass.com , another good site with lots of parts for sale . Also try Chris at Sutherland Marine service in Ozona 727-789-4578 he is an OMC guy with lots of props in stock used . Pelican Marine also 727-863-5409 many props .

Marine Specialties Custom Fabricators

http://www.marinespecialties.com/

thanks
  • MadpoodleMadpoodle Posts: 752 Officer
    Or bring it to Miamuh and I have a ton of stuff to play with...
    Water rat

Get ready to rock and roll South Florida, theres a NEW tournament on the horizon that's gong to change your world!
    ok heres the skinny. ran an aluminum 14.5x19 today. hole shot phenominal, top end-blistering. tached out trimmed up at 5600. this prop was not in the best shape but good. i believe a 19ss will be the ticket
  • dhadleydhadley Posts: 53 Deckhand
    We have a test program you might be interested in. Contact me here or at dale@props-plus.com. We've had very good success with rigs like yours.
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    Yep the 19, but thats about as far as I would twist it - 5300/5500 is perfect
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file