FS Fishing show Orlando

des1802des1802 Posts: 115 Officer
I was looking at the Fall FS Fishing show sched no date for Orlando. I wonder if they will have a show in Orlando this year it is usually in November.

Replies

• rehartlinerehartline Posts: 722 Officer
    It was cancelled, just like last year. I've read the shows that are left haven't been worth going to. I guess it's another sign of the times.
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,712 Admin
    des1802 wrote: »
    I was looking at the Fall FS Fishing show sched no date for Orlando. I wonder if they will have a show in Orlando this year it is usually in November.

We won't be in Orlando this year or next, but will consider adding to our 2012 four show schedule in 2013. Exhibitor participation has been down from year's past, but we continue to add seminars and hands on instruction. If we didn't have one exhibitor you couldn't fit in all the seminars in one day, you'd need two days to see and participate in them all.
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    Tampa show was great IMO. If more folks spend more money at these shows it would draw more vendors. Vendors pay the bills. Its a full circle.
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 767 Officer
    In my limited experience in fishing, I found the shows the best manner to learn different techniques. Attended ten years ago when they started in Miami at the Dade Fair Grounds. Followed them to Broward at War Memorial, and then Palm Beach. Even if the entrance fees were doubled, it would be a great value for the quality of the programs presented. Very disappointed to see them canceled and even more disappointed in the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show which had very limited classes and less vendors than prior years. I hope to see a reincarnation of the shows.
  • PBRPBR Posts: 136 Officer
    Is there going to be a show in Ft. Myers?
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,712 Admin
    PBR wrote: »
    Is there going to be a show in Ft. Myers?

Ft. Myers will be our first show of 2012 Super Bowl Weekend. We'll have dates for the 2012 shows posted this week.
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,037 Captain
    I have been going to the Fl Sportsman show for years. I have also gone to outdoor shows in Ohio that were much larger.
    Throughout the years all the shows have shrunk in size with less vendors and exhibits.
    Most of the time I hear vendors complain about the high cost to rent space. People go to these shows to get bargains and see decent shows and instruction.

When the entrance cost plus parking costs take away most money saved on a purchase then less people will go. With less people then there will be less vendors and exhibitors.
    NOTHING IS POLITICALLY RIGHT THAT IS MORALLY WRONG
    ___Abraham Lincoln
    estero wrote: »
    I have been going to the Fl Sportsman show for years. I have also gone to outdoor shows in Ohio that were much larger.
    Throughout the years all the shows have shrunk in size with less vendors and exhibits.
    Most of the time I hear vendors complain about the high cost to rent space. People go to these shows to get bargains and see decent shows and instruction.

When the entrance cost plus parking costs take away most money saved on a purchase then less people will go. With less people then there will be less vendors and exhibitors.
    Now they get it.

Mark Twain
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    What is that little green wreath looking thing under the OP's avatar and information? Am i just seeing things?
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • johnDjohnD Posts: 6,388 Admiral
    What is that little green wreath looking thing under the OP's avatar and information? Am i just seeing things?

says he's accepting im's from B-T
    Lets call that a"Diillydallay" I dont have one.

Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file