ARS Season Finale....

Snapper season extended two days meant we were itching to get back out. Friday had some decent rain storms and we were hoping for better weather on Saturday 6/11. After watching the radar we said go go go at 3 am. Glad we didn't call it. It was about as calm as the Gulf gets. Ran out 80 miles in flat calm seas with plenty of mackeral busting anchovies on the surface out to 100'. Got some pinfish in 30-60 ft for livies.

Once we got to the spot it was game on. The first Red Snapper up was the biggest of the trip, 20 pounder. I followed up with a 15 pounder, both on dead bait. This continued for the next hour until we had our 8 fish limit.

Two mangs that thought they were red snapper were caught also, pushing the 10 pound line 26-27". Along with a loner Gag that was just past keeper length.

We got a sweet bottom fish box and got on the troll for a few. It was fun to watch the newest guy on the boat freak when we went through a school of bonitas and had four rods go off! Ended up hooking a nice BFT on a hard lipped plug a couple miles into it, a 20 pounder.

We ran in to about 60 miles and saw this floating "NO WAKE ZONE" marker. Plucked a keeper tripletail off it and kept on homeward.

20 miles from shore I see something in the water.....

Two whalesharks!!! Watched them for a while. Saw the 30 pound cobia on his pec fin and fed him a pinfish. Got him in the boat, ok lets go home.

What a day on the water! Ate good the Sunday nite with fried cobia nuggets and grouper fingers, baked tripletail and red snapper, topped off by some seared tuna with sesame seeds

Replies

• TugasTugas Posts: 90 Greenhorn
    Wow awesome trip
  • BodieDrakeBodieDrake Posts: 48 Deckhand
    Amazing trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Luna SeaLuna Sea Posts: 562 Officer
    Nice report , yes the AR'S was loving the dead bait that day and found the bigger ones laying on the bottom :thumbsup BTW we were running a World Cat also :grin
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,466 Moderator
    What an epic day you and your crew had. Great report.
    larrywitt
  • stpetebaitmanstpetebaitman Posts: 867 Officer
    That one is going to be hard to top.
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,061 Officer
    Nice day! Love those ARS's, and wow nice Mango!
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!
  • Strippedmyclutch!Strippedmyclutch! Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Thanks guys. Hard to top is right! All we can do is go back out and try. Next good weekend we're running deep for grouper and pelagics. Hope to see y'all out there....
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 553 Officer
    stud fish. congrats on a very successful trip.
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • Baja280Baja280 Posts: 440 Officer
    biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitchhhhh!!!!! yall fishin without me!!!
    Premium Auto Body and Collision
    Anything from Hot Rods to Bentleys
    Also work with ALL Insurance Carriers
    941-685-3540
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Awesome trip guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LiquidAsset337LiquidAsset337 Posts: 227 Officer
    Great looking haul guys. How deep were you guys finding the tuna and ars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Strippedmyclutch!Strippedmyclutch! Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Botttom fish and tuna came from 200'. The triple tail was a lucky find on a marker in 180'. Cobia (on the whalesharks) been hanging out in 80'. Go get ya some!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file