Mobile Boat & RV Detailing !

Buff It Out Boat/RV detailing. I am a MOBILE detailing business based out of Jacksonville,Fl but will travel anywhere in the NE Florida area. Can work from boat lift but trailer is preferred. No matter what your watercraft maybe if it's a gheenoe, jet ski, flats boat, bass boat, large offshore center console or race boat allow me to protect your investment by using the best products on your vessel, RV, travel trailer or enclosed trailer and give it that brand new glossy shine that is oxidation free! I do have recommendations as well that have previously been posted on here throughout the years. Feel free to contact me through via text or call (904) 887-4755 for your free estimate and get you booked !
Buff It Out Boat Detailing!
RV's, Travel Trailers, Jet Ski's and Enclosed trailers too!
904-887-4755 / FREE estimates / MOBILE
Forum members get 10% off when this add is mentioned!

Replies

• fsu11fsu11 Posts: 1,844 Captain
    Buff It Out Boat/RV detailing. I am a MOBILE detailing business based out of Jacksonville,Fl but will travel anywhere in the NE Florida area. Can work from boat lift but trailer is preferred. No matter what your watercraft maybe if it's a gheenoe, jet ski, flats boat, bass boat, large offshore center console or race boat allow me to protect your investment by using the best products on your vessel, RV, travel trailer or enclosed trailer and give it that brand new glossy shine that is oxidation free! I do have recommendations as well that have previously been posted on here throughout the years. Feel free to contact me through via text or call (904) 887-4755 for your free estimate and get you booked !

You should try spell check.
  • ThefourseasThefourseas Posts: 320 Deckhand
    fsu11 wrote: »
    You should try spell check.

Not sure the relevance it makes to detailing a boat.
  • Zac PennZac Penn Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    I would not recommend using this guy. I told him my family was getting together for the weekend and my boat was a terrible shape. Chalkiness was unreal, and the interior was my only real concern. I needed the interior compounded to remove the oxidation and chalkiness, and then washed really good to make it look presentable. He gave me a very good price of $100 to do that work, and then I told him lets make it $150, and you can do a good wash on the exterior of the boat as well and try to get out a few rust stains in the hull. I told him I needed the boat completely done by Thursday evening so i could go boating on Friday with the family, so he agreed to come on Weds afternoon.

He arrived at 4:10pm and started with the compound and polisher. I am not a pro, but I thought he should have washed the boat a little before he compounded but i figured he knew what he was doing. I have a 4 month old at home and i needed to go home and relieve my wife from baby duty and help cook dinner at 6:45, so I offered to come back and pay him when he was done, but he said he lived close to me so he would drive to my house and get paid there. I had told him many times about coming back to the boat the following weekend to do a complete detail job and sanding the old bottom paint off of the boat (probably at least $850 worth of future work) so I figured I could trust him to do a good job. Yeah I know now how stupid that assumption was now.

He texts me at 7:15 saying he is finishing up and heading my way around 7:30. I think to myself...That seems way to quick to be done, based on how much more I thought he had to do, but my wife talks me out of saying something because she said "Don't be send a jerky response. If he says he is done then leave it at that."
    So he gets to my house and starts telling me about how nice it turned out, and how he is excited to get the complete detail job and wet sand to boat back to a factory finish for me. Then he goes on this tangent about how he got ripped off by a client that cancelled his check after he did some detail work. Story ends, I ask about a really bad rust stain on the transom and he says he tried to get it out but it was just too bad and probably wouldn't come out until the wet sand job. I say that is fine and he gets paid his $150 we agreed to.

I show up to the boat the next morning and find it to be filthy. He didn't wash off the compounding residue from the boat, the compound spray from the polisher pad was all over the place, there was black dirt all over my leaning post cushion as though he wiped it with a wet cloth and then just let it dry. He didn't even touch the port side of the hull and the starboard side looks like it got 5 minutes of a hose and brush action. The motor cowling has residue all over it, and to REALLY **** me off he threw his empty soda can in the boat before he left!

I texted him pictures of the boat and requested that he come over to my warehouse in the morning/early afternoon to finish the job, or come over to my house and clean the boat in the evening. I never got a response from him and he has ignored me ever since. I spend 2 hrs with my employee (whom I had to pay during this time) washing off the residue from all over the boat after I had paid him $150 to do this for me. Here are pictures of how he left my boat...
  • FishermanAJFishermanAJ Posts: 309 Deckhand
    Zac, sorry to hear about your experience with Matt, that is why he only worked with me for a week. Like the email I sent you to begin with, the boat needs to be wetsanded and compounded. I know we spoke about it a week or two ago but if you want it done the correct way let me know. Thanks again.

904-429-5479
    Knot Dirty Detailing: Cars, Boats & RV's!
    Mention your a forum member and receive 10% off!
    Email for free estimates!
    AJ.Proescher@gmail.com
    Not sure the relevance it makes to detailing a boat.

Attention to detail. If you can't correctly spell words in a buisness ad what makes you think he has the attention to detail to clean your boat correctly
  • RandoRando Posts: 46 Deckhand
    Wow...
  • jackjaxjackjax Posts: 157 Deckhand
    Not a good start for my need to do detailing to my boat. Thanks for the report, will have to look somewhere else.
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 634 Officer
    Not to defend the poster but your boat is way beyond detailing. You need some serious TLC & elbow grease if you are looking for a showroom finish. Then when it's all done, you need to cover it.
  • Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,759 Captain

@Zac Penn said:
    I would not recommend using this guy. I told him my family was getting together for the weekend and my boat was a terrible shape. Chalkiness was unreal, and the interior was my only real concern. I needed the interior compounded to remove the oxidation and chalkiness, and then washed really good to make it look presentable. He gave me a very good price of $100 to do that work, and then I told him lets make it $150, and you can do a good wash on the exterior of the boat as well and try to get out a few rust stains in the hull. I told him I needed the boat completely done by Thursday evening so i could go boating on Friday with the family, so he agreed to come on Weds afternoon.

He arrived at 4:10pm and started with the compound and polisher. I am not a pro, but I thought he should have washed the boat a little before he compounded but i figured he knew what he was doing. I have a 4 month old at home and i needed to go home and relieve my wife from baby duty and help cook dinner at 6:45, so I offered to come back and pay him when he was done, but he said he lived close to me so he would drive to my house and get paid there. I had told him many times about coming back to the boat the following weekend to do a complete detail job and sanding the old bottom paint off of the boat (probably at least $850 worth of future work) so I figured I could trust him to do a good job. Yeah I know now how stupid that assumption was now.

He texts me at 7:15 saying he is finishing up and heading my way around 7:30. I think to myself...That seems way to quick to be done, based on how much more I thought he had to do, but my wife talks me out of saying something because she said "Don't be send a jerky response. If he says he is done then leave it at that."
    So he gets to my house and starts telling me about how nice it turned out, and how he is excited to get the complete detail job and wet sand to boat back to a factory finish for me. Then he goes on this tangent about how he got ripped off by a client that cancelled his check after he did some detail work. Story ends, I ask about a really bad rust stain on the transom and he says he tried to get it out but it was just too bad and probably wouldn't come out until the wet sand job. I say that is fine and he gets paid his $150 we agreed to.

I show up to the boat the next morning and find it to be filthy. He didn't wash off the compounding residue from the boat, the compound spray from the polisher pad was all over the place, there was black dirt all over my leaning post cushion as though he wiped it with a wet cloth and then just let it dry. He didn't even touch the port side of the hull and the starboard side looks like it got 5 minutes of a hose and brush action. The motor cowling has residue all over it, and to REALLY **** me off he threw his empty soda can in the boat before he left!

I texted him pictures of the boat and requested that he come over to my warehouse in the morning/early afternoon to finish the job, or come over to my house and clean the boat in the evening. I never got a response from him and he has ignored me ever since. I spend 2 hrs with my employee (whom I had to pay during this time) washing off the residue from all over the boat after I had paid him $150 to do this for me. Here are pictures of how he left my boat...

I had a very similar experience with the other guy that advertises on here. Dude waxed my boat without washing it too. Not to mention a bunch of other problems. I'm not familiar with the OP but you can't go wrong with Jasons Custom Detailing. You won't get taken off at the knees, your GPS numbers will remain sacred and no gear will get stolen.

• JettyDawgJettyDawg Posts: 111 Deckhand

Morocco, do you have Jason's Number?

• Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,759 Captain

Most definitely. 904-226-3506. This guy will hammer it out in one sitting and it will be done right. He removes the windshield on the cc, removes all rust, There's no residue, no wax spatter, no swirl marks, none of that. He also wet sands. It's not easy finding a mobile detailer with an eye for detail. I went through a few terrible detailers before finding this guy. He's on speed dial now.

• JettyDawgJettyDawg Posts: 111 Deckhand

Thanks

jettydawg reach out to Reel Shine Detailing he can take care of you and actually get your boat cleaned and back to looking showroom finish. Pm me if you want and I can send you some pictures of work hes done on my Hewes and i still get asked all the time what year it is and its 17 years old.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file