Kids (and Dads!) catching BIG redfish, Ft. Pierce, also action on the TTs

Got out today with a buddy and our 9 year-olds. Had to get their head out of Mindcraft. Caught a few ladys and began chunking. Caught about 12 redfish, 5 over-slot, 4 slot keepers, and small slots released. Great 2 hr action.

Also, earlier in the week, got 2 keeper TTs. Few small ones today. Hard sight-fishing in this wind.

Happy Holidays to all! (tossed in a pic of my smoked bird from TG day)
Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.

Replies

• Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Great pics with the kids and reds.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Way to go getting them out of the house! Nice job on the fishes. TT are so cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • scubaFLATSscubaFLATS Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    I've yet to catch a red, and now that I have a boat on the St. Lucie I've been dying to get out there and catch one. Mind sharing what you used to catch those amazing reds?
  • Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 989 Officer
    :thumbsup

Cannot wait to get down there.
  • Kill N TimeKill N Time Posts: 467 Deckhand
    Wow, great trip! Those are some good looking reds!
  • SLW UroCaneSLW UroCane Port St. LuciePosts: 403 Deckhand
    scubaFLATS wrote: »
    I've yet to catch a red, and now that I have a boat on the St. Lucie I've been dying to get out there and catch one. Mind sharing what you used to catch those amazing reds?

Fresh cut ladyfish
    Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.
  • swampdog0swampdog0 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    We are members of the same club, nice fish
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    IMO TT are the best tasting fish out there, Ive only caught them on floating debris off shore. So for the reds you are soaking fresh cut up ladyfish? Are you fishing shallow, in the potholes? Using weights or under popping cork? Don't mean to pry, but that sounds like a great way to fish in the middle of the day after the morning plug casting has slowed down. Thanks
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
    fishknut wrote: »
    IMO TT are the best tasting fish out there, Ive only caught them on floating debris off shore. So for the reds you are soaking fresh cut up ladyfish? Are you fishing shallow, in the potholes? Using weights or under popping cork? Don't mean to pry, but that sounds like a great way to fish in the middle of the day after the morning plug casting has slowed down. Thanks

No problem, this is what the FS forum is for! Fresh ladyfish cut in long big chunks. Any sturdy hook is fine. On Saturday, wind was blowing and water was crap. We parked off the shoreline about 300 yards. Cast in. No weights. The fish will smell the bait. Just wait. U may need to try a few spots until u find them. Targeting potholes is an option in clearer water. When it gets colder, we move in and try some pitching directly under the mangroves. The bigger the chunk, the better because it came catfish away. Good luck.
    Capt.AW wrote: »
    Outstanding!

Got the TT off your live shrimp!
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    No problem, this is what the FS forum is for! Fresh ladyfish cut in long big chunks. Any sturdy hook is fine. On Saturday, wind was blowing and water was crap. We parked off the shoreline about 300 yards. Cast in. No weights. The fish will smell the bait. Just wait. U may need to try a few spots until u find them. Targeting potholes is an option in clearer water. When it gets colder, we move in and try some pitching directly under the mangroves. The bigger the chunk, the better because it came catfish away. Good luck.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Cant wait to try your method, if you ever need help or advice on how not to kill a deer all season, I'm your man. Thanks again.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file