Replies

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,681 Captain
    Growing up here and being on the water my entire life (still work on the water) (father was a commercial fisherman) I can tell you my observations are that the gill net ban has been a great success for Florida with much larger numbers of Mullet, Trout, Reds and Snook here now then when I was growing up. Don't get me wrong there are other issues that must be dealt with and hopefully we can deal with them, but this was a great step forward.
  • gill nettergill netter Posts: 236 Deckhand
    http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Marketing-and-Development/Education/For-Researchers/Florida-Seafood-and-Aquaculture-Overview-and-Statistics

From 5 million pounds of mullet harvested with gill nets to 1.3 million?
    Give or take a million, The Florida Department of Agriculture has it logged at 9 million lbs harvested last year.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,455 Admiral
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Growing up here and being on the water my entire life (still work on the water) (father was a commercial fisherman) I can tell you my observations are that the gill net ban has been a great success for Florida with much larger numbers of Mullet, Trout, Reds and Snook here now then when I was growing up. Don't get me wrong there are other issues that must be dealt with and hopefully we can deal with them, but this was a great step forward.
    Sure, anytime a user group is eliminated the share of the pie for other groups expands.

If we could send all the transplant back home, maybe our springs would flow again.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    Sure, anytime an abuser group is eliminated the share of the pie for other groups expands.

If we could send all the transplant back home, maybe our springs would flow again.

FIFY
    FIFY
    Just your opinion and you know the saying.... well, I'll bet:wink
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 2,053 Captain
    Just your opinion and you know the saying.... well, I'll bet:wink
    Just as your post is your opinion. And I'm sure you know the saying.
    pottydoc wrote: »
    Just as your post is your opinion. And I'm sure you know the saying.
    I do, y'all are a good study!!:grin
    Sure, anytime a user group is eliminated the share of the pie for other groups expands.
    ^^^and that's the truth and y'all know it..
    FIFY
    Apply that to rec ARS..

lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file