40" snook on fly

snookslayersnookslayer Posts: 51 Deckhand
5-29-15 indian river monster on 8wt .
Biggest snook on fly to date

• tarpon9wttarpon9wt Posts: 110 Officer
    Awesome Snook! Blindcasting or Sightfishing?
  • snookslayersnookslayer Posts: 51 Deckhand
    tarpon9wt wrote: »
    Awesome Snook! Blindcasting or Sightfishing?
  • ifitswimsifitswims Posts: 176 Deckhand
    Looks hard on your teeth! Outrageous fish dude! Epic.
  • darnhardheadsdarnhardheads Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Very Nice.
  • FlatsFrenzyFlatsFrenzy Posts: 893 Officer

What did it eat? Give us the story as it happened?
    Gulf Coast of FL
    @flatsfrenzy #flyonly #onelessspinrod
  • ShadowcastShadowcast Posts: 1,009 Officer
    Nice Snook!!
    Capt. Jon Bull
    Shadowcast Charters
    Ankona Boats Sales Rep
    2018 Tavernier 17.....Coming Soon!!
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,727 Captain
    Dat's a big, big girl.... outstanding catch, hope she swam away in good condition.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • LCinOHLCinOH Westerville OH; Daytona Beach south to the ML; St Pete and Boca Ciega BayPosts: 90 Greenhorn
    WWWWWWWowzer! My dreams are made of those big old nasty snook on a fly!!! Heck, I'll take one anyway I can catch one!!!

• LCinOHLCinOH Westerville OH; Daytona Beach south to the ML; St Pete and Boca Ciega BayPosts: 90 Greenhorn
    What flats frenzy said...details, man, details please

• redjimredjim Posts: 774 Officer

Amazing, I can't believe your tippet made it through!

Since I get my salty fly fishing vicariously thru this site, an way I can find out the leader make up and the fly? even PM so the info doesn't sneak out. The only way I can get my fix is thru you. Thanks my friend

• snookslayersnookslayer Posts: 51 Deckhand
    here is the story.got off of work at about 315 and headed to the nearest docks to the house that I have been seeing and catching Several nice snook on live bait with spinning reel. so this day I brought the fly rod with a new fly I had tied the night before. I got in the water and started wading to where I had been seeing the large snook at staying as close to shore as possible trying not to spook any fish.I get to the area where I have been seeing fish and walk up to a dock and I see about 5 over slot snook laying in the shadow I back up slowly and cast under the dock a few times until they spook.I look through the dock to the other side and I see a large fish laying out in the middle of the sunlight, so I walked under the dock and headed towards the fish. there was about 5 large snook chilling with each other so I cast in front of their noses 1 short strip I see a fish come after then 3.fast strips and BAM fish on.she screams to the nearest dock to the deepest part of it.then I was weaving in and out of the dock following the fish trailing right behind it until the fish ran all the way into shore then she would shoot out from under the dock heading north to the next dock and repeated this through the next four docks about 15 minutes later I got her close enough to stick my hands inside her mouth and grab ahold of her. done deal I had just caught the biggest snook I have ever caught on a fly rod!!! I still cant belive it happend...
  • CapnAhabCapnAhab Posts: 239 Deckhand
    That's an awesome story man! Good for you. What fly did she eat??

God of all days
    Glorious in all of Your ways
    The majesty the wonder and grace
    In the light of Your Name

Let hope rise and darkness tremble
    In Your holy light
    That every eye will see Jesus our God
    Great and mighty to be praised
  • Net 30Net 30 Posts: 950 Officer
    That's one hell of an accomplishment on an 8wt….way to go brother!
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,525 Captain
    Nice work and great looking fish.
  • FlatsFrenzyFlatsFrenzy Posts: 893 Officer
    Thanks for the details!
    Gulf Coast of FL
    @flatsfrenzy #flyonly #onelessspinrod
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 5,933 Admiral
    awesome fish and story
  • dwbiggsdwbiggs Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    How do you like the Konic...trying to decide on a beginner real.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file