Need a Crew / Want to Fish

Well it's time to update the Available Angler and Open Seats list. I've had several requests so here it is.

If you have a boat and you're going fishing and you have room for some additional anglers , please post up your name and contact phone number. There are plenty of experienced anglers and boat brush operators that would be more than happy to help you fill those seats.

If you're boatless and looking for a ride and don't mind helping out with everything from ice to fuel to scrubbing the boat when you get back, please post up your name and contact phone number.

Catch um up and don't forget to post up a fishing report when you get back! :\
"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

• Off Shore DudeOff Shore Dude Posts: 301 Officer
    Looking for open seats/want to fish - Off Shore - I'm laid back, very punctual, can rig, gaff and throw cast net. Pitch in for expenses and clean boat/fish after.

I like to get out once or twice a week if possible and have plenty of fishing equipment. Weekends or weekdays

I'm also a photographer and will catch the action for fishing reports and bragging rights (dats me in pic)!

• Caribbean SoulCaribbean Soul Posts: 234 Officer
    Looking for open seats/want to fish - Off Shore - I'm laid back, very punctual, can rig and gaff. Pitch in for expenses and clean boat/fish after. I like to get out from sunrise to sun set, Thursdays and Fridays. maybe a 1/2 day on Saturday and have plenty of fishing equipment.:fishing: I live 5 minutes from PC and don't need much notice.

• kfullerkfuller Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Always looking for a seat on a boat. I have gas money and experience. Looking to do hook and line from nearshore to offshore from poons to Tuna. Dive certified, and can load up on fish when the bite is off with spear. 27 year old firefighter native of central florida. Name is Kyle. Call or text me at 321-265-0799. Home port of Ponce Inlet or Canaveral, possibly sebastain if the bite is on.
  • Monkee DoMonkee Do Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Always looking for someone to go fishing with me during the week. I usually fish the IRl and ML, but have been wanting to fish SI but have heard that if you dont know SI your better off staying landed.... I live in Deltona, will post when im hitting the water again
    :fishing I Believe in CPR ( Catch Picture Release )
  • hodgie2411hodgie2411 Posts: 244 Officer
    Starting next Tuesday thru Friday I will be looking for a ride to fish anywhere. I have plenty of gear, inshore, nearshore and offshore. I have plenty of experience around Ponce Inlet and plenty of numbers for offshore. I live really close to the Dunlawton ramp in Port Orange and I am only 20 minutes from the Ponce Inlet Ramp. So if anyone needs a crew I am ready, I can pay my share in fuel, bait, ice ect.
    Please PM
  • captryan5878captryan5878 Posts: 203 Deckhand
    Shooting offshore out of the port tomorrow on wedn the 16th with one of my buddies. Looking for 1 or 2 others to help w/ fuel/bait expenses (bout $60-80 a head). Will be underway 6:30am. Gonna be dragging baits for mahi and wahoo. Should be back in between 4-6pm. If you want on board give me a shout. Names Ryan (617)780-9627. Boat is a 24 ft cobia CC. Give me a shout if your interested and I can give ya more info.
  • mpvfd38mpvfd38 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Need friends to fish CANAVERAL/SEBASTAIN/TAMPA
    Looking to build a list of new friends that like to fish. I usually fish on Mondays or Tuesdays. We split costs equally, usually between 75-100pp. I fish all day. Troll in the morning, keep trolling if it's good, hit a wreck or two on the way in, and if all eles fails I boat some sharks by the port. I have a Donzi F-23, out riggers, down riggers, auto pilot, with twin 150 Optimax engines. I have all of the safety gadgets, satelite tracking, 3 vhf radios, 2 gps, 6 man lifeboat I don't take chances with safety. If you want to go shoot me a text at 724-366-2305, or e-mail at
  • clemsonchris1clemsonchris1 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
  • JerseaGirlJerseaGirl Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    I know this is extremely short notice but I have a cancellation for a Bahama fishing trip to grand Cay. It's a 40 foot Riviera. We go every year once or twice a year to grand and 1-2 times to west end/ Lucaya. We do fairly well Spearing Hog and Mutton snapper/Grouper, we flats fish one day and usually gets a few bone fish[1-5], Some tarpon, And we catch Muttons from Kayaaks. We also search for YFT on the way over and back and of course we do YTfishing and occasional deep dropping. We will be leaving early sunday am from Pelican Yacht club in Ft Pierce returning Sat 16th. generally cost 900$ per person. Can be more dep on how much tuna chasing we do. any interest?
  • newtowaters33newtowaters33 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    I'm looking for a spot for some off shore fishing. I have money for fuel, bait, I can help in any way. Thanks
  • newtowaters33newtowaters33 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Looking to off shore fish. New to the sport, so experience is minimal but willing to learn. Will pay towards bait, fuel, etc. Will help in any needed way. Name is jose 321 848 3256
  • twobblestwobbles Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Don't have a boat (kayak soon) but would like get out on the water sometime either offshore or inshore. Have money and all my own equipment and can help around the boat with whatever...only thing is I have part time job (usually 4-1030 closing shifts and the occasional double) and school tues/wed for the rest of july so it'd have to work around that..

Thank you!
  • catchme1catchme1 Posts: 230 Officer
    I go out often have a boat at bluepoints fishing is slow but always looking for help. I not a boat for hire you will need a fishing license. Let me know how I can contact you. The ocean looks good starting tuesday.

I know its short notice, but I have an open seat on board for tomorrow Fri 7/27. Looking to run out deep and drop the cones and surrounding wrecks for grouper out of port canaveral. If the thermokline has the bite turned off out deep, we'll head in shallow and try for some mangos and what ever else is around. Boat is a 24 cobia CC. We all throw down $80 a head for fuel, bait, and oil. Should be nice out there. Calling for 2-3ft at 12 sec. Give me a call or shoot me a text (617)780-9627. We'll leave the port at 6:30am and be back sometime around 5

• DanyelfellDanyelfell Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Hello All,

I am going to be in the Daytona area this Saturday-Monday visiting from SC if anyone is looking to fill a spot. Experienced inshore fisherman, boat owner ect. If your heading offshore or fishing inshore I would love to get away from the inlaws. Will split fuel, ice, bait, beer, whatever. Can also run a scrub brush. If your a captain and have someone that want to split a trip please shoot me an email, call or text. Save me from having to spend the day riding to Disney... Thanks

• physiksgeekphysiksgeek Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    I have fished 5 of the past 7 years we have been coming down in the Banana River, Mosquito Lagoon and Indian River multiple times using a guide. All inshore and around the flats usually twice and last year three times. All that being said I really want to go offshore fishing this trip. The “anal engineer” in me means I am probably doing this too early. In my mind though it is never too early to plan a good trip.

I am flexible as to where and somewhat flexible as to when. We will be in town August 23rd – Sept 1st looking to fish twice between the 27th – 31st (maybe Monday and Wednesday, Thursday or Friday). I would like to nail something down by August 15th +/-. I will have a car so I am open to an hour drive from North Melbourne. I am looking at few options – Open seat and a charter, charter both days or offshore and an inshore/nearshore which is another reason I am getting a jump on things.

I have approached a gentleman on this forum about an open seat and would prefer this over a charter for a few reasons. To his credit he was an absolutely nice guy but my time frame is a long ways off and who knows what may be happening by then so we agreed to touch base closer to that time. That is completely understandable. If you go regular enough that you are extremely confident you will be on the water one of those days and have an open seat I would like to discuss the details with you. I own a boat and I know what it takes to keep one on the water. I have no problems contributing to the operating costs and doing my share of the work load.

I have also talked to a few charter Captains that I feel confident will do their best to create a memorable experience for me. But, just like the gentleman I discussed the open seat with, it is a long ways off in fishing terms and they could neither guarantee they could put me with someone nor do they want to accept that hassle. I mean that in a good way and it too is completely understandable. If I end up chartering a boat, I am looking for one person to split the cost on one or both of those trips. If you have an interest I would like to talk to you.

Apologies it got so long winded but I don’t want people to think I live in Nigeria and just came into a bunch of money. You can PM me or email me through the site if you think either of these fishing options help you out too.

Thanks, John
  • BUCHEADBUCHEAD Posts: 108 Deckhand
    You might want to give Capt. Bob Hensbee a call. He runs a six pack boat out of Capt. Hirams in Sebastian. He will take singles out. He will go with as little as 4 singles, and no more than six. I fish with him a least once a month. He is a great guy, and a great capt. I'm sure he can put a couple of trips together for you. I'd be happy to join you on one of them. Tell him Gene sent you. PM me if you go. P.S. My son is stationed on the USS John C Stennis CVN 74, and headed back to the Persian Gulf on Aug. 28th. He loves fishing with Capt. Bob when he is on leave. :beer
    I've Got 99 Problems, But A Fish Aint One...................................................................................................................Hit Me!
  • edimonsterfledimonsterfl Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I have a small 15 ft flats boat and only have room for one person. I am looking for someone that knows of any honey holes. I have just about everything just need your fishing license and a rod. We split gas and bait or we can cast net our own. Bring your own food as well. Preferably someone laid back that knows where we can find fish. If you can cast a net even better. I fish Sebastian to Ponce Inlet.

email me: my name is Ed.
  • silverking1silverking1 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Hey Brad if you would like to do inshore banana river / sykes creek i go 3 times a week let me know if you want to go gas help and ice would be nice pm me if interested.
    08 Corral bay 16'
    Yamaha 40 :fishing
  • Cuure67Cuure67 Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Have a 22' Panga with F115 on it. Can run out of Ponce or PC either inshore or on a good day, offshore. Have room for one person.
    Shoot me a e-mail.

• PoppopPoppop Posts: 180 Officer
    I'm new to the area and have only fished in a few places while on vacation. I checked out the launch ramps at Dunlawton bridge and Ponce inlet and would like to try Ponce to fish the inlet with someone that has some experience using that ramp. I did get to take my boat out of Port Canaveral on wednesday and got some fish smell but no dinner. I'll be finished moving to my house in Deltona by the middle of September and I just retired so I have time during the week to fish. Let me know if you want to teach an old dog a new ramp. I have used the Cedar Creek ramp in Slaughters Beach Delaware for over 35 years.

• rysherrysher Posts: 353 Deckhand
    if anyone needs one more head, i volunteer myself! lol.
    i am not a baggage to anyone, i'll carry my own weight.
    i can chip in $$$ for gas, or i can trade services for some boat time.
    i'm only available during the weekends depending on workloads. sometimes i say yes and sometimes i say no, depends on how backed up i am on building rods.
    if you're looking for something else other than $$$, i can offer my services as a custom rod builder for some boat time.
    example of my work.

built for a customer in houston,tx to be use jigging on the oil rigs.

built for brett of boca raton as a boat loaner rod.
    seen here with 15# of lead hanging.
  • LivingthelureLivingthelure Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Looking for a fishing buddy someone who knows what they are doing. I live in orlando and do a lot of flats fishing in titusville and cocoa. my schedule is mostly free monday through thursday. I have a 14ft jon boat modded out with a 15hp on the back and can hold an extra person for fishing. if interested send me an email or reply to the thread. No free loaders must be able to pitch in 50/50 with gas, bait, etc...
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 880 Officer
    "devils grass" ha ha ha ha ha.
    you gotta be kidding me.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Hello all. I figured I'd give this a shot, since I've been having such a hard time getting my fishing buddies to get their schedules together to come fishing. To cut to the chase, I have a boat, I fish offshore from Port Canaveral, and I'm looking for some new offshore fishing buddies. I'm no fishing expert, but I've been learning as I go and have started to do pretty well. I have plenty of gear or you can bring your own. I generally do some bottom fishing and troll for dolphin, etc. I trailer from Orlando and usually stay out 'til dark. My schedule is pretty flexible - I can fish weekdays or weekends. My boat is pretty economical - I usually burn about 40-50 gallons for a full day.

I am looking to develop a short list of fishing buddies who are generally available to fish with reasonable notice. I would expect that we would share costs, such as gas, bait, etc. Thus, please only respond if you are financially able to participate. No fishing experience necessary. If you are an expert, then good for me - I'll learn from you. If you are a beginner, then perhaps you can learn from me. I'd prefer to build relationships with people who can go on an ongoing basis, rather than having a new crew every time I go out.

If this interests you, feel free to send me an email or shoot me a message here:
  • mpvfd38mpvfd38 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Need friends to fish CANAVERAL/SEBASTAIN/TAMPA
    Looking to build a list of new friends that like to fish. I usually fish on Mondays or Tuesdays. We split costs equally, usually between 75-100pp. I fish all day. Troll in the morning, keep trolling if it's good, hit a wreck or two on the way in, and if all eles fails I boat some sharks by the port. I have a Donzi F-23, out riggers, down riggers, auto pilot, with twin 150 Optimax engines. I have all of the safety gadgets, satelite tracking, 3 vhf radios, 2 gps, 6 man lifeboat I don't take chances with safety. If you want to go shoot me a text at 724-366-2305, or e-mail at
  • AustinpAustinp Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Anybody looking for a fishing partner to split cost? Myself & my buddy are always looking to get out there. We live in Orlando, but don't mind the drive. Looking to go offshore with anyone willing to take us. We can split all expenses. Have pretty good fishing knowledge, can tie knots, rig baits, etc, pretty good with a cast net (have a 11 footer), we have a couple off shore rod/reels (tld25s, tld50s, penn international), and some tackle (wahoo, dolphin lures). Please shoot me a PM if anyone needs an extra person or 2. We are both 21, and Engineer students at UCF. Generally only available on weekends, but class is almost out for winter.
    You know i'll hit ya up buddy. Ive got the itch real bad after some of the recent reports. Boat is goin in on sunday to have the electronics rewired. When i get it back i'll hit ya up and we'll pick a day
  • LCinOHLCinOH Westerville OH; Daytona Beach south to the ML; St Pete and Boca Ciega BayPosts: 90 Greenhorn
    Experienced near shore angler looking for a ride or a spare kayak to fish the ML while we are in Port Orange over the Holidays. Mother in law just relocated to the east coast from St Bete. I can split costs, and will also have the new son-in-law in tow. Been fishing near St Pete area shore/inshore for 30 years and have all the equipment...just need a few directions and a ride. Sold outboard motors and have sold fishing boats and fishing equipment for the past 20 years. Just sold my Hobie Outback so I won't have any one water tranport. Let me know. Fishin Christmas day is OK too. PM me here. LCinOH

• gadgetguy1288gadgetguy1288 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    If anybody is going out this week I'd love jump on either in or off shore. Can pitch in on costs, help clean, and I've been fishing my whole life so I know how rig, bait hooks, throw a cast net, etc. I grew up in Brevard county and joined the USCG a few years ago, and am only here on leave until next weekend. Have my own gear for in shore if needed. Number is 321-292-0088, names Randy. Texts work better than calls, or pm me here. Thanks!

Sent from your sub-conscience....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file