Fishing Out Of Clearwater tomorrow

If the weather gets better I'm planning on heading 12-15 miles out of Clearwater pass launching from Bellaire. I'm taking my son and my dad. I haven't been fishing with my father for about 10 years. It's going to be a great trip fish or not.

I want to try to pick up some pins near the headpin as early as possible. We'll anchor up and bottom fish for grouper and grunts, etc... Water temps look pretty warm for kings. Maybe there are some Spanish out there. I haven't decided if I am going to bring mackerel gear/chum or not. Anyone seen macks? I love catching 36" Spanish.

My biggest hurdle will probably be getting my son out of bed early.

Jay

PS, what the hell is wrong with the forum text editor? It only recognizes extremely slow typing. It's skipping every other keystroke. What a PITA.

Replies

• jimmy77jimmy77 Posts: 1,689 Captain
    How's it going Jay? The snapper have been on fire. Bring some lighter gear and few dozen shrimp. If you can net or sabiki up some greenbacks chunk em up to to get the bite going. The bait was pretty thick last week just out of the minimum wake channel between the Clearwater Yacht Club and the Causeway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Who are you and what do you want?:grin

Good luck on the swim Jay and don't be a stranger.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 703 Officer
    Thanks all. I think I have everything ready. Looking forward to the trip. Hopefully I'll have something to report on.

Jay

P.S. Switching to Chrome seems to have cleared up the terrible editor problems.
    Long day yesterday. Beautiful weather. Kept a dozen grunts. 1 16" mango. 2 gags, 22.5" and 24.5". The gags were caught on pins. The mango was caught on a small blue runner of all things. We managed to hook a lethargic submarine that turned out to be a 8 foot nurse shark, released of course. Great day.

Jay
  • BryanCBryanC Posts: 618 Officer
    Sounds like a good day on the water!
    I forgot the camera on the boat, but got a pic at home of part of the haul.
  • NOTyourSPOTNOTyourSPOT Posts: 232 Officer
    Jay G wrote: »
    Long day yesterday. Beautiful weather. Kept a dozen grunts. 1 16" mango. 2 gags, 22.5" and 24.5". The gags were caught on pins. The mango was caught on a small blue runner of all things. We managed to hook a lethargic submarine that turned out to be a 8 foot nurse shark, released of course. Great day.
    How far did you go out?
    About 55', about 14 miles.

Jay
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,363 Captain
    About 55', about 14 miles.

Jay

JAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!
    DBRYAN wrote: »
    JAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

DBRYYYYYYYAAAAAANNNNN!!!

Thinking about going again on Saturday. Can't keep Red Grouper, but there's other fish out there.

Jay
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,363 Captain
    DBRYYYYYYYAAAAAANNNNN!!!

Thinking about going again on Saturday. Can't keep Red Grouper, but there's other fish out there.

Jay

You still have the same phone #? I just bought a 2005 23' Proline with a 200HP Mercury. Putting the GPS on it this weekend and tweeking the trailer. Then I'm ready to go exploring and catching.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file