Okeechobee Bass Guides

Looks like I might have the chance to fish Okeechobee in late sept for a day after fishing with a buddy of mine (Josh Rubington) for snook for a couple days. Any way.

Can anyone recommend some of the better bass fishing guides on the lake (that you would go with again) and where they guide out of, I would really appreciate it.

thank you,
tobin

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,344 Moderator
    Where are you planning on fishing out of ? Clewiston ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • TroutSupportTroutSupport Posts: 132 Officer
    where ever I need to go. I'm flexible.

Can anyone confirm if JP McKay is good. PM me if need be.

Any other recomendations? thanks guys.
    t
  • StratosStratos Posts: 149 Officer
    JP is good. There are a ton of good guides on the lake. I would look for one who matches your fishing style.
    Stratos wrote: »
    JP is good. There are a ton of good guides on the lake. I would look for one who matches your fishing style.

:Agree If fishing shiners under a cork is your thing there are plenty of guides that do that. You want to do artificals make sure they know prior that's what you are looking for.
    Lake O has the fish.
  • Captain Shane ProcellCaptain Shane Procell Posts: 371 Officer
    JP is an excellent guide on either live or artificial.
  • Too DogsToo Dogs Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    JP is an excellent guide on either live or artificial.

How can I contact JP? Thanks
    I'm an arty guy. I don't mind fooling them with bait...but this trip is with lures. I'm sure there are a lot of good ones... but I want to avoid the bad ones...LOL. And what is the going rate for a half and full day on the lake?
  • StratosStratos Posts: 149 Officer
    **** think I'm gonna guide when I retire.
    Oh...don't worry... they're not making much..... after its all said and done they might make enough to make a living...maybe. And the hours are long, and there is a lot more they do behind the scenes.... it's probably less than minimum wage in the end, .. But hey, they are fishing.
    I ended up going with JP McKay out of Belle Glade. JP knows his stuff for sure; We caught 25 fish up to 5-6 lbs on plastics all day long. He's also someone you can go with and that will teach you a thing or 2 you might not be picking up on. Great information that applies to other water bodies as well. Worth the trip.

JP's number is 888-959-8658

Tobin Strickland

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file