Spearfishing Hogfish with GoPro Hero HD!!!

This it out of Steinhatchee a couple of weeks ago in about 55ft of water. Enjoy.

Replies

• Capt_GerryCapt_Gerry Posts: 173 Officer
    That was a great shot where you shot two hogs with one spear. :Rockon Spearfishing hogs with Metallica One .......priceless. How do you have the go pro mounted? Thanks for posting.
    Changin' Latitudes
  • MrOutdoorsman35MrOutdoorsman35 Posts: 127 Officer
    Thank you! and I am using a numatic gun that is round and no flat spots. So I took a peice of aluminum squartubeing that fit right over my gun snugley and put set screws in it, then stuck one of the Sticky pads that come with the GoPro on to it.
  • RootbeerRootbeer Posts: 128 Officer
    loved the videos! Wow so many big hogs! Love it!
    Thank you. The best eating fish in the ocean if you ask me. We have gotten over 60 hogs from that one spot in 4 dives! We found the honey hole! I am thinking it is the warmer water. I am not sure.
  • StillinscrubsStillinscrubs Posts: 1,844 Officer
    THanks for posting. Great video.

Just curious how long of a run is it to 55 feet for you guys? 30-40 miles?
  • Region RatRegion Rat Posts: 66 Deckhand
    Sweet! I just got a gopro hero. I have to figure out how to mount it on my gun.

RR
    Ya, It is roughly 45 miles. That part sucks. Ha ha. We headed out last weekend in 85ft of water and got a bunch of Gags. Season just opened. I will post some pics later!
    Region Rat wrote: »
    Sweet! I just got a gopro hero. I have to figure out how to mount it on my gun.

RR

What kind of gun do you have?
  • SlingSlayerSlingSlayer Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Love it! Nice shooting especially the one where you hit two in one:willynilly
  • magicmikemagicmike Posts: 31 Deckhand
    Nice vids man. Good job on the two-fer!
  • caldnsikcaldnsik Posts: 95 Deckhand
    Looks like a Mares Cyrano maybe a 750? I use the 1100. Where did you get the coil line from? I like that. Much better than wrapping the line after each shot. We are headed out next Saturday to about 55 ft hope the vis is good! Nice videos!
    "Beer is not a matter of life or death, It is much more important than that!!!"
    caldnsik wrote: »
    Looks like a Mares Cyrano maybe a 750? I use the 1100. Where did you get the coil line from? I like that. Much better than wrapping the line after each shot. We are headed out next Saturday to about 55 ft hope the vis is good! Nice videos!

The gun is Actually a Cressi Sub Numatic spear gun. An you can get that Coil spring any dive shop I beleive. I got mine at our local shop. It is WAY better than restringer every time. A lot faster to reload. Let me know how you do this coming up trip!
  • Brand HBrand H Posts: 259 Officer
    Way to go! Looks like "Hog Heaven".
    9639-1.jpg?t=1307463973Wahoo11-11-07017-1.jpg

Life is on the wire...the rest is just waiting.
  • FishrFishr Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Looks like they were both head shots... Which makes it even more awesome!
  • mjrudd1mjrudd1 Posts: 249 Officer
    Great video! How strong is that coiled line?
  • nbseafrognbseafrog Posts: 521 Officer
    $16 for a ten ft shock cord at Diver's Direct. It doesn't indicate the strength though...

http://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-diving/speargun-shock-coil-10ft/
    Catch 'em up!

Nick
  • jbsrqjbsrq Posts: 196 Deckhand
    shock cords tend to be pretty weak. I prefer to rig all of my guns with a single wrap of 400lb mono, quick to reload and strong. may be overkill but it definitely pays off especially when shooting around sharp rocks and ledges due to the greater abrasion resistance

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file