Ponce Inlet Nearshore 5/6

Good day nearshore. We were on fish all day in about 50 ft of water. A lot of big jacks; Bonita; sharks; and a few cobia were still around. We were able to get a couple for the freezers. Water has definitely warmed up we were showing 76 all day. Tight lines

Replies

• jonathan graffjonathan graff Posts: 94 Deckhand
    very cool guys ! were yall sight fishing or drifting ?
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,659 Captain
    Nice Cobia. Man that jack is big. I bet he put up one hell of a battle.
  • wareagle85wareagle85 Posts: 164 Officer
    nice cobe
  • SnookStackSnookStack Posts: 88 Deckhand
    Awesome fish!!
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,420 AG
    Nice!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • DavidsonDavidson Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Thx guys... and yes we were sight fishing
    very cool guys ! were yall sight fishing or drifting ?
  • BluewaterfeverBluewaterfever Posts: 446 Deckhand
    Cool, I like the bloody deck! Its amazing how much blood a cobia has.
    Dumb Fish Die First
  • Settin_HooksSettin_Hooks Posts: 233 Officer
    Awesome day, thx for sharing!
    2006 Maverick Master Angler SOLD
    2016 Sea Hunt Gamefish 25
  • releasegearreleasegear Posts: 660 Officer
    great day!1
    bornoffshore-sig.jpg

Mike Wilhite - Fisherman/President

Born Offshore Gear
    www.bornoffshore.com

'Performance Fishing Apparel'
  • bighardeybighardey Posts: 418 Deckhand
    That's a super Cobe and Lake Atlantic to boot behind you...Good day!
  • dble-downdble-down Posts: 518 Officer
    Great pics, some good action there. I caught a hammerhead about that size on a big mullet last week.
  • gatorguygatorguy Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Nice catch!!

What kind of boat were you guys in? I'm about to buy a Panga Marine Niente (http://www.pangamarine.com/19-niente.html) and was just trying to find some pics of folks going out of Cape Canaveral or Ponce in comparable sized boats.

Thanks for any feedback,
    Dan
    Davidson wrote: »
    Good day nearshore. We were on fish all day in about 50 ft of water. A lot of big jacks; Bonita; sharks; and a few cobia were still around. We were able to get a couple for the freezers. Water has definitely warmed up we were showing 76 all day. Tight lines
  • DavidsonDavidson Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Nice catch!!

What kind of boat were you guys in? I'm about to buy a Panga Marine Niente (http://www.pangamarine.com/19-niente.html) and was just trying to find some pics of folks going out of Cape Canaveral or Ponce in comparable sized boats.

Thanks for any feedback,
    Dan

We fish out of Key West 1720 sportsman. You just have to pick your days going out in a smaller boat but when the seas are down you will definitely be able to get out in a 19 fter. Good luck with the new boat
  • jay825jay825 Posts: 287 Deckhand
    Nice catch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]A BAD DAY OF FISHING! IS BETTER THAN A DAY HOME WITH THE WIFE!!
  • SweatNredsSweatNreds Posts: 51 Deckhand
    I am curious of what conditions are good to take that 1720 out there with. I currently have access to one of those as well love to fish near shore when I am not skinny water fishing in the lagoons. It would have to be calm 1-2 ft seas or less and what should I look for as far as wind. I know that plays a big role in going out there with a small craft. Any website that are useful?
  • chompchompchompchomp Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    That Jack is beasty! Was that big cobia just a free swimmer? Awesome catch and easy on the pocketbook in regards to gas burned. Well done!

Gatorguy, I have 19.6 Key West CC Sportsman. I looked for the right boat for a year-- one skinny enough to put in on our boat ramp on Spruce Creek yet stout enough to get 50 miles offshore. We have to pick our days 2-3 foot is good. 3-5 and we're sore the next day, 5-7, we have to screw the boat back together, but pulling up to the Creek ramp with a 40 lb mahi always freaks out the kids on the dock.
  • timwfmtimwfm Posts: 257 Deckhand
    stud cobia
  • gatorguygatorguy Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Chompchomp,

I'm hoping Sunday's forecast is 2-3 ft or smaller as I picked up the boat 2 weeks ago and planning on launching out of Port Canaveral with a friend of mine. Really looking forward to hooking up with some bigger fish than we normally pull out of the ML & IRL.

Dan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file