Wife's first buck

Catalina26Catalina26 Posts: 231 Officer
Well we headed up to Georgia to visit a good buddy at Kickers and Stickers outfitter in Macon County Georgia to go deer hunting and hoping for the wife to connect with her first buck. My buddy has a good thing going up there and he offered to take us out on a management hunt for my wife. He said he had three deer he would like out of the herd. So we drove the 6 hours from here to get into Georgia and made it in time to hunt that first afternoon. All I can say is WOW. We saw 35+ deer in one afternoon half were bucks and not spikes and four points full rack solid bucks. Biggest deer I've ever seen alive. I filmed the whole adventure and I was shacking while the camera was on the tripod. I know she had been shaking bad too. Most impressive deer we saw was a 3 year old 8 that pushed a score of 135. Man he was impressive tall and had great mass. Anyways we say morning and afternoon for 5 days waiting on one of three deer to show up. Finally on day 5 in the afternoon one of the deer walks out at 120 yards. It was an 8 pointer with a broken G3. It was a 3.5 year old that just wasn't showing the progression the other deer were so he wanted it out the herd. Getting nearly dark and on the verge of being too dark for camera light. She squeezed the trigger and a solid hit. In the camera I watched it go down about 30 yards into the thick brush. I didn't say anything and watched her squirm in her seat still wondering if she hit it or not. I played the I don't know if you did I couldn't tell in the camera. Made her wait patiently for a half hour and we got down. Went to where she shot and just a pile of blood. I let her do the tracking job with my buddy and sure enough 30 yards in there he lays. The excitement on her face was worth more then gold. We will be having the full episode on Bushwackeroutdoors.com in a few weeks so hope y'all watch. Also in the episode is a young lady who has never pulled the trigger on an animal kill her first doe. And also the excitement is unbelievable. We had to tie her down when she shot cause she wanted to run out there and go look for her deer seconds after the shot.

Replies

• Marx ManMarx Man Posts: 145 Officer
    Nice rack
  • BustinEmBustinEm Posts: 245 Officer
    Nice job.
  • sknight88sknight88 Posts: 323 Officer
    Ya, I can see his poor progression! LOL Nice deer, good job!
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,449 Admiral
    Well done!
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • anglingarchitectanglingarchitect Posts: 1,480 Officer
    Nice buck, cute wife.

Congrats on both.
    rent my beach house
  • Fish AddictFish Addict Posts: 684 Officer
    Congrats to your wife. That's awesome! Now she's hooked!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,799 Moderator
    What buck? ;-)
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • cuda141cuda141 Posts: 616 Officer
    Way Cool...Congrats to you both!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Capt. Cuda's Parts & Charters
    http://www.cudascustoms.com/index.htm
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,151 Officer
    Congrats. Very nice first buck.
  • DoradoDreaminDoradoDreamin Posts: 1,817 Captain
    Congratulations to your wife! Gotta agree that's a nice buck. If he's a cull then I would love to see the other bucks.
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,471 Admiral
    congrats!
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,787 AG
    I'da shot it too. I'm guessing he is talking about the short brows not being up to his standard. The deer has everything else, long tines and some mass.

Congrats to your wife!
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Congrats to you and your wife on an awsome series of hunts and great success
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    micci_man wrote: »
    I'da shot it too. I'm guessing he is talking about the short brows not being up to his standard. The deer has everything else, long tines and some mass.

Congrats to your wife!

If I would have to guess micci I would say yes the short brows and really no mass more like a south Florida deer. To those guys he's not to par but I think honestly I would have him 1 more year before I said he was a cull deer just my opinion. I'm not a huge deer/trophy hunter
  • tagtag Posts: 8,667 Admiral
    Nice buck.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,787 AG
    If I would have to guess micci I would say yes the short brows and really no mass more like a south Florida deer. To those guys he's not to par but I think honestly I would have him 1 more year before I said he was a cull deer just my opinion. I'm not a huge deer/trophy hunter

It's their place to do what they want but not every deer on a property will have mega mass, tall tines, wide or tall racks no matter how bad we/someone wants them to. I agree, I'd of gave him one more year if I was in their situation.

How many acres is this place and is it high fenced. Reason I ask is it is hard to manage deer on free range property, even on a few K ac if the surrounding properties don't follow the exact same management. Hey, it's a free country :beer (or is it :willynilly)

I'd like to see some of the "shooter" buck pics!

Again congrats to the huntress on a fine deer!
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    Pretty buck and a pretty girl!!! Doesn't get much better than that...congrats!!!
  • Catalina26Catalina26 Posts: 231 Officer
    He has 1500 acres of low fence and 1500 acres of high fence. This was in his high fence. Here is a deer that was killed out there and also the 3 year old what I call a monster
    These were taken through the binos with the phone neat little trick
    Killed 8 score 146 and some change
  • ReelAffair23ReelAffair23 Posts: 784 Officer
    Congrats on a great first buck!
    Thanks guys she was really pumped when she found it. A memory I'll never forget. She can now say she has shot a bigger buck then I have ever shot. And she's getting it mounted to rub it in..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file