Small Kayak Guide Business

RiverguidebumRiverguidebum Posts: 17 Greenhorn
Hello I am thinking of starting a small kayak business in Tampa. I was planning on renting a house with a dock on the Hillsborough River. Can someone tell me if I need any certifications to do this. Other than cpr/first aid

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,150 Moderator
    You are going to need occupational license. Don't know if the zoning will allow what you want to do, where you want to do it
  • RiverguidebumRiverguidebum Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    i want to rent a house with a dock and do trips from there
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,280 Admiral
    I'd study my competition first http://www.canoeescape.com

Also look in to a liability waiver.
    Is your landlord going to need liability coverage. Is he going to charge an extra fee or even approve your idea?
    Look into local home business and parking rules.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • For instance, our town would not allow that kind of commercial activity in a residential area.
  • Mako_OneMako_One Posts: 216 Officer
    Most municipalities will not allow that type of business to be run out of a residential area. Theres parking situation, then your going to need insurance to cover yourself if anyone gets hurt while trying to climb onto a yak from a dock. Another factor is will the owner allow the business out of his property.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file