195 Biscayne Bay , where to park and drop canoe?

Silos06Silos06 Posts: 25 Greenhorn
Looks like good trout etc area, where can I leave the ride and launch from without those pesty tickets? Also any flamingo tips, had my first launch this past weekend. Camped at East Cape Sable. What should I do next? Fishing tips needed as well.

Replies

• Poseidon10/31Poseidon10/31 Posts: 936 Officer
    If you go south on Alton after you get off 195, there's a boat ramp on the bay at Maurice Gibb Memorial Park. Google it for the exact location. There's a good edge on the east side of the grass flat right there. I haven't fished there since last winter, but there was plenty of trout to keep you busy. I'd suggest going at first light and around a low tide. Topwater and shrimp or pinfish under a popping cork will get the job done. Macks, jacks, grovers and tarpon might crash the party too. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 767 Officer
    A little further north off of 79 Street is Morningstar Park. Easy paddle to fertile trout fishing.
  • ranckgarmanranckgarman Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Pine Tree park has a free launch. 45th street and Pine Tree Drive on Miami Beach, 10-20 minute paddle to the bay and then you're in grass flat heaven; trout, reds, snooks and the occasional tarpon! Free parking and super easy access.
  • Ol SargeOl Sarge Posts: 290 Officer
    Aquaholic IV
    Would I go North or south from Morningside?
  • IMD1IMD1 Posts: 113 Officer
    Pine Tree park has a free launch. 45th street and Pine Tree Drive on Miami Beach, 10-20 minute paddle to the bay and then you're in grass flat heaven; trout, reds, snooks and the occasional tarpon! Free parking and super easy access.

I lived and fished this area for years. Never heard of a red being caught anywhere near here, but I've heard rumors about finding them south of Matheson Hammock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poseidon10/31Poseidon10/31 Posts: 936 Officer
    IMD1 wrote: »
    I lived and fished this area for years. Never heard of a red being caught anywhere near here, but I've heard rumors about finding them south of Matheson Hammock.

Saw a couple guys caught a few at Haulover Inlet this year. From the jetty, not a yak, don't remember if they said what bait their using. I agree tho, they are SUPER scarce in the dade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 767 Officer
    Ol Sarge wrote: »
    Aquaholic IV
    Would I go North or south from Morningside?

I have seen kayakers fish just north of the park although I prefer to go across the ICW and then north to the big island, bird island where it is loaded with trout. Must be a moving tide. I bought a pro angler this week and I am trying to go down to Rickenbacker Causeway this Sunday. West side behind Viscaya. I will put in on the causeway right after the toll booth.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file