Hungryland Buck

Marx ManMarx Man Posts: 145 Officer
I took this buck in Hungryland over the weekend. Fairly wide 8 point. He weighted in at 148lbs I got super lucky. We started late that day. I didn't even check in until 7am. I got to my tree at about 7:55 and started up in my climber. I had just got to the top of the tree and was moving my strap to settle in and I heard movement. I looked to my right ( was still standing and facing tree) and I see a hefty doe at about 10 yards. She came in fast and Id soon see why. A couple seconds later this buck pops in just behind her. She spooked and ran off but he hung around just long enough for me to pick up my rifle (which was laying across the arm rests of my climber) and take aim. He was facing straight towards me but luckily he didn't bolt fast. He slowly turned to leave and gave me the front quarter shot and I took it. He made it about 5 yards and was down dead. Perfect heart shot. There was absolutely no blood so he would have been real hard to track. When my buddy came over he said "There's no hole. He's not dead". Lol Funny thing is the day before We sat for 13 hours straight and didn't see squat. The next day I didn't even get a chance to sit and had a deer down. I doubt I'll ever be that lucky again. Taxidermist said he's been seeing this deer for the last few years on a nearby property.

Replies

• PsehunterPsehunter Posts: 128 Deckhand
    Nice buck congrats.
  • BustinEmBustinEm Posts: 245 Officer
    Great buck man!
  • njguyinflanjguyinfla Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Getting a Deer in Hungryland is not an easy task,Congrats Nice Buck
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    Nicely done!
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • AgentXAgentX Posts: 584 Officer
    Nice buck. Was that with a muzzleloader?
    The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare....
  • Marx ManMarx Man Posts: 145 Officer
    Yes and thanks guys
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,791 AG
    Congrats
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    Nice buck.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • davidfloridadavidflorida Posts: 1,101 Officer
    nice deer . who is doing your mount.
    If you can't hear it your not listening.
  • ReelObsessionReelObsession Posts: 109 Officer
    Great Buck
    Like us on facebook Team Reel Obsession
    http://facebook.com/teamreelobsession

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,699 Captain
    Nice job and Hungryland is definitely not easy.
    Sure isn't. I've seen a LOT of does out there. Bucks are much harder to come by there.
    nice deer . who is doing your mount.

J&D
  • DropTine797DropTine797 Posts: 681 Officer
    Nice. I was able to put my buddy on a good 8 point this weekend. Our deer must've came in right before yours.
    Seven down, Eight to go.
    Nice. I was able to put my buddy on a good 8 point this weekend. Our deer must've came in right before yours.
    Yeah I saw your buddy at the check station when I was weighing mine. The deer were definitely walking that day
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,450 Admiral
    Well done!
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • MOCEAN CONTROLMOCEAN CONTROL Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    congrats!!!!
  • DropTine797DropTine797 Posts: 681 Officer
    Marx Man wrote: »
    Yeah I saw your buddy at the check station when I was weighing mine. The deer were definitely walking that day

I was down the road gutting him. Went to dupuis to use their cleaning station. They had chasing over there too. Interesting...
    Seven down, Eight to go.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,799 Moderator
    Nice'n for sure!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • Camocam813Camocam813 Posts: 244 Officer
    DO WORK!
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,580 Officer
    Congrats
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Ok I'm not really sure why but again all your pics are coming for me of you with the black hog still. Very frustrating I want to see your pics
    Ok I'm not really sure why but again all your pics are coming for me of you with the black hog still. Very frustrating I want to see your pics
    Huh? I'm not sure what you mean? I've never posted pics on here before this.
  • ReelAffair23ReelAffair23 Posts: 784 Officer
    Congrats!!
  • bohunter0328bohunter0328 Posts: 87 Deckhand
    Nice job. There's not a lot of bucks in there, but there are some real nice ones.
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Marx Man wrote: »
    Huh? I'm not sure what you mean? I've never posted pics on here before this.

Idk this is what I see eveytime I try to see a picture on a post that has to be downloaded its frustrating
    utezy7y4.jpg
  • cuda141cuda141 Posts: 616 Officer
    That'll work...Congrats!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Capt. Cuda's Parts & Charters
    http://www.cudascustoms.com/index.htm
  • pbsnookerpbsnooker Posts: 877 Officer
    Nice buck! There are some pure studs in the Cullpepper Addition in there. Wish they would open the grade in there for vehicle access with a couple designated parking areas. I know one of the guys that hunted it before the state took over, the caliber of deer in there are top notch for Florida. The areas he pointed out are over 1 1/2 hours walking one way. I'm just getting to friggen old to cart a deer out that far. This season I seen a picture from the groves on the north end that boarders the area with 3 bucks in velvet that would make you think it was Texas !!!
    Yeah we had a pretty big boy on camera last year 40yards from my stand but never saw him while sitting. Pretty sure nobody has caught up with him yet either.
  • wilburzwilburz Posts: 929 Officer
    That is a sweet buck bro! I was out there all weekend also. I saw a couple of really nice shooter bucks come out where I was but they were out of range. Had a 9 inch spike come out underneath me chasing a doe on Sunday morning.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file