The Official Quote Of The Day Thread

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 3,989 Moderator
    1 - I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

2 - Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.

3 - Half the people you know are below average.

4 - 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

5 - 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

6 - A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

7 - A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

8 - If you want the rainbow, you have got to put up with the rain.

9 - All those who believe in psycho-kinesis, raise my hand.

10 - The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

11 - I almost had a psychic girlfriend... But she left me before we met.

12 - OK, so what's the speed of dark?

13 - How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

14 - If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

15 - Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

16 - When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

17 - Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

18 - Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now.

19 - I intend to live forever... So far, so good.

20 - If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

21 - Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

22 - What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

23 - My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

24 - Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?

25 - If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

26 - A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

27 - Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

28 - The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.

29 - To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.

30 - The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

31 - The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

32 - The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.

33 - Everyone has a photographic memory; some just don't have film.

34 - If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

35 - If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work?
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,241 Admiral
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    I'll admit I'm an idiot often...

:grin
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • GA Fin wrote: »
    If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that...I'd get me some hookers and blow!
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • fishonhensonfishonhenson Posts: 4,395 Captain
    Zach, are you OK bud? I'm a little concerned about you. Seriously. I've read a few of your comments recently and honestly, I'm worried. I'm about ready to call Tom and plan an intervention.

Do you have any idea how absolutely crazy some of the things you've said really are? Obviously not. Unless of course you're just trying to be funny and it all went right over my head.

I'm going to go ahead and address your concerns this one time as obviously it's eating up from the inside and you're obviously not getting much sleep.

Neither Ken, nor I, nor any of the other moderators here, know who the gentleman that signs in here as Joey Buttons really is, and, as Ken mentioned, we could not care less. His IP addresses have never matched any other member here, ever. Also, he is no more or less obnoxious than you are.

I hope this clears things up for you so you can finally get some sleep. If for some oddass reason you are still tormented by any questions or concerns that you've raised here lately, please feel free to call me, you have my number.

You're welcome.
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

Member #60928, joined May 11, 2006
    Calusa wrote: »
    If I posted that it was purely a jab at Joey's fragile, feeble and imbecilic psyche. :)

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    Ya'll sound like a bunch of sniveling, snot-nosed, Navy snatches :kick

:Spittingcoffee

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 Officer
    Finfinder wrote: »
    How is it FS has lowered themselves to sell adds for Asian hookers, nasty toe fungus and cartoon sex. Its embarrassing !

"If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    I hate this ****ing AVATAR I have to use for the entire year.
    if you don't post, it won't show. you should stop posting for the next year.

:kick

• Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,638 Admin
    From a thread about Zora Neale Hurston

Hurston thought it ironic that the same “people who claim that it is a noble thing to die for freedom and democracy ... wax frothy if anyone points out the inconsistency of their morals.... We, too, consider machine gun bullets good laxatives for heathens who get constipated with toxic ideas about a country of their own.”

She certainly envisioned this place.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    I looked up the definition of "owned" and found this:
    What do you think the backlash would be from me going back and posting in Sports again?

Just trying to weigh my options.
    You'd lose the last shred of manhood you have left. It ain't much, but it's more than a man ought to sacrifice.

Be a man - and ****.

• gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 19,975 AG
    lawaiaa wrote: »
    If you were that scary your employee would be doing their job :)
    :BUNNY gestapo

Joey let his mouth overload hisass.

:)

Had the nerve to call me an ****, pretty funny.
    I'm confused, you aren't an ****?

:funnypost

• RedneckittudeRedneckittude Posts: 248 Officer
    I am appalled by the language!
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 Officer
    I am appalled by the language!
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
    Succinct
    Succinct

Which thread is that from?
    Well.... This one of course
  • DeadweightDeadweight Posts: 681 Officer
    From another forum:

"Luckily this aint FS."--Cane Pole
  • lbudlbud Posts: 984 Officer
    How long will the wrongful actions taken against several generations removed be used as an excuse for the failures of today?? and tomorrow,,, and tomorrow,,etc,,etc,,etc,,
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
    Menzies wrote: »
    You OK? Last you posted around three thirty saying you were on your way home. Nothing since. Hope all is well?

Meanwhile, notice how well the forum has run in your absence?

Amazing huh?
    It ran even better in your absence. :wink

TTTTTTTT333333TT brings the best forum smackdown in the history of Florida based fishing forum off topic subforums!

• Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 Officer
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Poppedeye, If you and Joey Buttafuco post real photos of both of yourselves....have at it with mine.

Verified photos!!!

Just putting this here for keepsake.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,638 Admin
    I realize that it's in extremely poor taste to quote yourself.......get over it. :grin
    Afishy1 wrote: »
    I have an open mind to the possibility of intelligent life on another world.

I have an open mind to the possibility of intelligent life in our world, I just haven't seen any evidence of it yet.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • captinmitchcaptinmitch Posts: 5,807 Officer
    I realize that it's in extremely poor taste to quote yourself.......get over it. :grin
    Poor taste has never slowed you down before. :grin

Poor taste has never slowed you down before. :grin

• frankfrank Posts: 12,231 AG
    I have an open mind to the possibility of intelligent life in our world, I just haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?13476-The-Official-Quote-Of-The-Day-Thread/page9#ixzz2ruoQGjkT

look away from the mirror
    No political signature
    I beat anorexia (quite handily I might add...

• gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 19,975 AG
    A bunch of you knuckleheads have lost your ever lovin minds.

I'm serious.

Seems like a multitude of mental afflictions ranging from delusional disorder to depression to schizophrenia, as well as a few more I can't even spell, has gripped a whole bunch of you and turned you guys into mere shells of the intelligent and fun loving forum members I once knew.

Snap the hell out of it, would ya!
    :BUNNY gestapo

The defense readiness condition (DEFCONLUSA) is an alert state used by the FS Forum. The DEFCONLUSA system was developed by the Joint Chiefs of Moderators and unified and specified combatant commands. It prescribes five graduated levels of readiness (or states of alert) for the Forum Moderators and forum members, and increase in severity from DEFCONLUSA 5 (least severe) to DEFCONLUSA 1 (most severe) to match varying crisis situations.

DEFCONLUSAs are a subsystem of a series of Alert Conditions, or LERTCONLUSAs, that also includes Emergency Conditions (EMERGCONLUSAs). There is no single DEFCONLUSA status for the FS Forum, and in fact different Sub Forums of the Main Forum can be at different levels of DEFCONLUSA at the same time. DEFCONLUSAs should not be confused with similar systems used by the U.S. military, such as Force Protection Conditions (FPCONLUSAS), Readiness Conditions (REDCONLUSAS), Information Operations Condition (INFOCONLUSAS) and its future replacement Cyber Operations Condition (CYBERCONLUSAS), and Watch Conditions (WATCHCONLUSAS), or the former Homeland Security Advisory System used by the United States Department of Homeland Security.

Currently we have not even reached DEFCONLUSA 5. If the levels even went any lower, we would probably currently be at about a DEFCONLUSA 8 or so.

:funnypost

Posted in OT...
    You can't argue this point. End of story.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file