The Official Quote Of The Day Thread

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    "You need to jack up the gas tank and install a new boat. " Beastie.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,657 Admin
    Popeye wrote: »
    Ive been seeing alot of spitting going on lately.

The last spitter I saw was an 18yr. or so standing on a corner wearing a hoodie and Hello Kitty pajamas and Star Trek slippers.

What bothers me the most, is that it was 4:20 in the afternoon outside of the probation/parole building.

He was spitting all over that corner.

WTH?

:huh
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    TTT was right.

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 Officer
    Phescador wrote: »
    I think Joey just said it best...

FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,249 Officer
    Suck it up or switch to golf

:grin
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • yak_angleryak_angler Posts: 2,583 Officer
    Hoover, it's either yes Sir Mr. 33T it has curse words in it or no Sir it doesn't.
    5607_aa5e_zps24435aae.gif
  • captinmitchcaptinmitch Posts: 5,807 Officer
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    You're not dating one of my daughters!
    :rotflmao
  • JoshWJoshW Posts: 523 Officer
    "We didn't tell you we were out of money because we didn't want you to stop working." ~from a client today. True story. Bad day.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 2,985 Captain
    Even if the voices aren't real they have some pretty good ideas
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • Capt.AWCapt.AW Posts: 929 Officer
    Capt.AW wrote: »
    "I wasn't trying to steal anything I was just looking for money!"

Author: worthless pos fort pierce street walker
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 19,979 AG
    Calusa wrote: »
    Then stop by, I'll let you suck on the tailpipe.
    CaptTater wrote: »
    No harm since it's always broke. Only thing that works in it is the trolling motor.
    :BUNNY gestapo

3sp50h.jpg

• SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,084 Officer
    Didn't we fight a war so we didn't have to deal with this drivel?

kodiakzach wrote: »
    Never would I have thought that the off-shoot forums created by people like **** would ever be a real contender to replace the online fishing community FS had built. I was wrong. The 2 other (non-magazine related) forums out there have easily 4x the activity as FS now does.

50-cent-picard-gif.gif
    Is the "The Official Quote Of The Day Thread" ever going to come to and end and/or have a restart?
    ^

• SouthshoreSlayerSouthshoreSlayer Posts: 408 Officer
    FS Blair wrote: »
    Reel Time Florida Sportsman will be back January thru June 2014

duckmanJR wrote: »
    Can't come fast enough....

Watching FS's 22 minute info-mercial on " Best boat" is quite a snooze!

nick wrote: »
    Somewhere surrounded by empty catfood cans and balled up tissues Cane Pole smites you.
    After clicking on a thread, it takes a good 10 seconds before I can give it a one star rating.
    :shrug

I once was lost but now am found,
    Was blind, but now I see
    GT Fish wrote: »
    Not your feet i bet..
    One of my feet will be a little hard to see when I break it off in your ***.
    FishEyez wrote: »
    I actually lol'd!

And this
    Let this post serve as a friendly PSA, for all those concerned, on what not do do in order to not have a HOTD post edited or a HOTD thread removed.

Before I proceed though, keep in mind several things,

1.) I do not make the rules.
    2.) I do not make the rules.
    and
    3.) I do not make the rules.

Please do not shoot the messenger.

To avoid having a HOTD post edited or a HOTD thread removed, do not:

Post a thong
    Post anything see through.
    Post photos of people touching each other in a sexually suggestive manner
    Post derogatory or sexually suggestive comments about something that was posted
    Post a photo of anyone that doesn't have a bathing suit or all of their clothes in place
    Post anyone wearing underwear of any kind
    Post anyone wearing lingerie or any other form of intimate apparel

If you avoid posting any of those things I can almost promise that the thread or post will not be edited or removed.

Again,
    1.) I do not make the rules.
    2.) I do not make the rules.
    and
    3.) I do not make the rules.

Please do not shoot the messenger.

Now Gandy, if you would, please quote this post every time someone cries about a HOTD thread or post being edited

• MosesMoses Posts: 1,203 Officer
    It was precipitated by a past poster who prescribed and paraded pejorative and preposterous paradigms to persuade paranoid potentates to pursue punitive procedures by publishing a pseudonym.

Can we change Gary's name to Sheldon Cooper?

TYIA

tumblr_lwjf7eGqzb1qh1x5oo1_250.gif
    The peanuts and beer took its toll. I had to fart really bad. I would normally ease away and let it out. I thought it was time for her to grow up.
    It was a varoooom! It shook the pine needles off the trees. She broke and ran.
    "Daddy, you stink!"
    She's my best buddy to this day! You never know how these things will work out!
    Sayin... Reck

1387463400_20_1_USD_5_default.png
    Joey Buttons - FRIEND FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,084 Officer
    Polar wrote: »
    Decent at best, but its not saggy, old and wreaks like crisco

Ive noticed that with some things, I have much more patience than I used to have and yet now I have much less patience with other things that I used to have a lot of patience with or for.

Whats up with that?
    GA Fin wrote: »
    Dang big guy, did someone cut in line in front of you for the chocolate wonderfall at the GC today?:huh
    This
    We're all comiting suicide, some more slowly than others.
    or this
    CaptTater wrote: »
    It's hard to argue with this kind of ignorance but hey, I'll give it a shot.

from 2 different conversations

Phescador wrote: »

I feel like I bonded with you bro. We pooped together tonight.

p.s. I hope I'm not one of those crazy people you were referring to...
    GA Fin wrote: »
    BnT looks good in jorts.
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,399 AG
    Phishbohn wrote: »
    You can call me Mr. Smarty Pants.
    Mmmkay
    No political signature
  • fishonhensonfishonhenson Posts: 4,397 Captain
    this is worthy
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Did you used to be Esteban on here? And Superfluke?
    Popeye wrote: »
    Hey Eric, tell us again about the time that you trained two octopuses to be your g string at that gay thing you go to.
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

Member #60928, joined May 11, 2006
    Polar wrote: »
    anyone ever fart themselves awake before?
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,262 AG

Now from what I gather from overhearing their discussion, a Hater/Stalker is an extremely pathetic individual that basically has no life whatsoever, someone with extremely limited intelligence as well as numerous personal issues including low self esteem that for some reason has a problem with you or is jealous of you or feels that they have been slighted by you in some way or just plain cant stand the fact that you're successful and in turn follows/stalks you constantly looking for any opportunity to say something negative or expose some perceived flaw in an attempt to knock you down a notch, very similar to a scorned ex girlfriend that is obsessed with you and just can't seem to move on with life after you dropped her like a hot potato.
    This thread has gone on for way to long, you should start a new one weekly or monthly.

From http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?139906-Cave-Diving-I-dont-get-the-attraction

The guy breathing through the BC (a Bouee Fenzy) was Mike Williams, a former seal and diving instructor at the Scotch Plains YMCA where I trained as an assistant instructor.

Mike planned a trip to celebrate certifying his assistant instructors to Florida at the end of our last class in August. I was the 4th member of the team.

I had to back out of the trip at the 11th hour because of a unplanned change in the date of my freshman orientation at FIT.

Mike was an old school instructor who made us do pushups with our tanks on. He was one of the best divers I've known , then or since. There is no doubt in my mind that that was Mike's knife in Grauer. To this day I prefer diving alone.
    I can't even think of the adjectives that could adequately describe how tragic the event you've told us about really is. Same goes for the story that prompted this thread or Rogers story or the hundreds of others just like them.

What's gone through your mind every time you've thought about this tragedy over the years Gary? Do you think you would have been right there with them or do you think you would have persuaded them not to go or maybe to do things differently?
    The Little River dive plays itself over and over in my head with the consistency and clarity of me being there in the water with them. I can see every angle as through a camera lens of a movie. The brown of the cave lit and shadowed by the Ikelites. The silent stillness broken by the regular blasts of bubbles. The unspoken “This is cool!” quickly turning to “Jesus Christ, what happened ?” when the visibility went suddenly to zero. I can hear the ringing echoes of steel knives on steel tanks as they tried to find each other through the silt fog knowing that the countdown to their drowning had started and panic was only a few moments away.

Ken quietly passing alone with his head jammed in a tiny pocket of stale wet air, lit from below by the light tethered to his wrist after that last quarter gulp of air from his tank was gone.

The relief Grauer had when he found Mike though the brown silt storm which quickly turned to terror when he realized he was no match for the SEAL who would take his last gasps of air and his life in the quick struggle which could only have but one outcome.

And finally Mike, calmly resigning himself to not getting out, even if he could. He was the dive master and responsible for the team’s lives. He had to stay with them even if he could find his way out. His life was over.

I knew him the best of the three. And spent a lot of time with him in the water, probably the most I’ve been with anyone. He was a fierce soldier but an honorable man. I can see him floating there face down and motionless against the ceiling with the bright orange Fenzy sadly collapsed and wrinkled against his chest.

In my movie, I never get out either. The camera pulls back from Mike and fades to black.

I was 18. I was the 4th member of the team.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file