I thought Georgia Boys were supposed to be Tough!

Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,824 Admiral
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/14/georgia-teen-upset-after-being-called-freak-in-school-yearbook/?intcmp=trending

Georgia teen upset after being called 'freak' in school yearbook

Published May 14, 2013

FoxNews.com

A teen is upset after he found an insult printed under his yearbook picture.

Dylan Worthen, a student at South Paulding High School, which is west of Atlanta, said he was identified in a photo caption under his band picture as a “freak,” MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

"When I noticed it I was like, ‘Wow, who would do that,'" Dylan Worthen told the station.

Dylan's other two yearbook appearances were listed under his name in the index, but the one in question was not, which leads his mother to believe it was an intentionally cruel prank that she calls "bullying."

"He's my son that I think the world of, and he is no way any kind of freak. He has the biggest heart of any 16-year-old child I know," said Dylan's mother, Susan Powell.

The yearbook has a faculty advisor whose job is to proof the pages. School officials said they don't know who is responsible for the word, or how it happened.

In a statement, the school district apologized to the family. They said that the matter is under investigation and they are working with the yearbook provider to remedy the situation.

"My son has to go to school and face all these kids that has saw this in the yearbook and I don't know what that's going to be like for him," said Susan Powell.
23895.gif

Replies

• Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 Officer
    Kids feelings can be hurt easily.

I would be upset if it was my kid too.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • fishbitfishbit Posts: 602 Officer
    Not right and I would be p'd too. But fyi, calling any suburb of Atlanta "Georgia"is like calling Miami "Florida".
    Nature goes on her way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.
    (Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe)
  • Panfishangler1Panfishangler1 Posts: 884 Officer
    and this is why school shootings occur... or school killings
    Panfishanglersigdownsized.gif
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    $$$$$
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,412 Admiral
    joke-image-YEARBOOK.jpg
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    fishbit wrote: »
    Not right and I would be p'd too. But fyi, calling any suburb of Atlanta "Georgia"is like calling Miami "Florida".

You nailed it, Bit. :grin
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,603 Officer
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    He'll get over it.....
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,824 Admiral
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    "16-year-old Dylan Worthen says his freshman year changed when he was labeled as a "freak" in his yearbook as a cruel prank"

16 year old Freshman???????

Is that abnormal?
    23895.gif
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 1,840 Captain
    I seem to remember getting called a lot worse in high school, and I survived.....:rolleyes
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    Is that abnormal?

It's a little "freakish"..... Could you drive as a Freshman?
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,905 Captain
    "Most" kids nowadays aren't worth their weight in chit...Hopefully the good ones will surpasses these
    worthless chit and give us hope for the future.... But then again most don't have a chance in hell...

Take a look at the parents and that will tell you the whole story...

Whining because it got called a freak.... Good lord!! now he will need some meds and hugs to help him make it
    thru his life...psssssssssssssss a swift kick in the **** use to go a long way.... just saying
    aa13.gif "A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file