Bulls, Pompano, Gator Trout 3/16

Had an outstanding day with Redfish57 yesterday. We used handpicked shrimp and were into some really good fish......

Here's a nice pompano....

56_zps7fb179c1.png

And here are some reds we came across early on the incoming......all but one were over the slot.....the only keeper was 26 3/4 inches....

2325_zps357d9dec.png

untitled22_zps765f68ce.png

3312_zps5fe69f3b.png

And we were able to score some real nice upper and overslot trout as well........

021_zps2132b6cb.png

I also was out on Friday afternoon with a buddy from church. He now attends over at McGregor and is a real friend. The wind was howling and it was cold. But, were able to locate a few fish.....

A nice 27 incher.....

59763c64-f222-4e04-a740-438659468575_zps500adff5.jpg

and a few that were midslot as well......

e87d713f-5ec8-44db-b1c3-0c85e1f5dd88_zpsc58a864c.jpg

The LORD'S blessings are truly wonderful. HE gets the glory for enabling us to do well on the water.......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Trust in the LORD and receive HIS many blessings....

Replies

• rugbyryrugbyry Posts: 80 Deckhand
    Well done! Those are some high quality fish.
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Nice trip!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,348 Admiral
    Looks like you found some decent water with no red tide. I've got to take some friends from the midwest out and let there kids fish for a while.
    Not looking for your spots. What area where you in? I was thinking of letting the kids fish the flats around the Cabbage Key area
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,558 Officer
    I tried forever to find some reds and trout friday and saturday. Good catch Gator

Nuke, Friday I fished from Captiva Pass up to the backside of Cabbage without any luck. There was also boats every where blowing up the flats and Mangrove shoreline. I guess trying to scare up some schools. There were a couple times boats would come running up to with in 1-200 yards then turn and run the other way. That probably didn't help the fishing any.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • GatorInPISoundGatorInPISound Posts: 543 Officer
    fellas, I hear ya. Its a real mess out there right now. Boats are everywhere....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Trust in the LORD and receive HIS many blessings....
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,787 Captain
    Great report and pics! I like the framing on the last 2
  • DemarzacDemarzac Posts: 204 Officer
    Great day! Especially under such lousy conditions.
    "If you want to play an up-tempo, fast-skating game, we can play that game. If you want to muck and grind in the corners and along the boards, we can play that game too."-Famous Coach

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file