PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 8-3-2011 report

JoeFish
08-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Got on the pond with a good friend and captain. The day started at 0600 as we headed out to the buoy to catch some bait, they were thick as thieves. Livewell with bait we headed out looking for triggers, First spot produced a couple short ones. Spot #2 produced 1 and some beautiful red snapper, really hated letting them go. We fished several more spots and managed 1 more trigger and the red snap's were thick.
Sure wish those extended days come thru for the snapper.
They sea's were very calm, for the most part it was glassy.
Captain decided to run further offshore, try and target some red grouper.
We hit several spots and managed a nice red grouper and a king, gotta love them for the fight they put up. The snapper were still thick although had they been in season I doubt we would have caught one. Sorry no pics but will work on that for next time.
Thanks again captain for a great day on the water. :thumbsup

JoeFish

Sea-Lie'n
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Great day.... going again next week for the AJ's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/taz341/fish018-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/taz341/fish022.jpg

Ron-da-vu
08-06-2011, 06:20 PM
You can tell the guy above has caught a good king. Look at his shirt!

Sea-Lie'n
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
You think that's bad, you should have seen my boat!!!

Ron-da-vu
08-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Sea, I carry a one gallon mayonaise jar that has a molded in handle on it just for the purpose of dousing all that blood away. If ya get it while the King is still floppin in the cooler, it will come off with just the dousing. If allowed to dry and bake a little in the sun, it can be a booger to get off. Especially on any cloth or other upholstery. I know you know that.

On one trip last year I had a guy from PC fishin with me. He wasn't an old hand at it, but is a good fishermen. He caught about a 15 pounder and I gaffed it for him. Handed him the gaff and told him," to the cooler with it". He decided he wanted his hooks back first. Man what a mess. I grabbed the gallon container and let go a big ball of water to combat the blood that was everywhere. Now I said he wasn't a veteren. He had on tennis shoes with socks. He started dancing around like he was shot. Got bloody water right down into his tennies and soaked his white socks with bloody water. I had to turn my head and pretend to sneeze to keep him from seeing me chuckle. Next King he caught went directly to the cooler without him being told.

Beck
08-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Looks like a great day on the water. Thanks for the report.

......and yeah, I hate blood everywhere. I put in a raw water wash down last year. I like things clean.

Sea-Lie'n
08-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I can pee harder than my raw water wash down, the 5 gallon bucket works a lot better. :)

Beck
08-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I can pee harder than my raw water wash down, the 5 gallon bucket works a lot better. :)

Ha! Either I have a stronger pump or a weak stream!

JoeFish
08-07-2011, 11:14 AM
You can tell the guy above has caught a good king. Look at his shirt!
That was from lunch......
Some like to gaff close to the tail, some like head/shoulder shots, gut shots tend to bleed a little more........

Buncha pansies... lol A couple a splashes with a 5 gallon bucket and the blood was gone.

Thanks guys, It was a good day on the pond.
Hey Sea what day are you heading down here?

Sea-Lie'n
08-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey Sea what day are you heading down here?

If the weather holds, it looks like Wednesday will be my last chance for a while.

interested?

JoeFish
08-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Sea, Email sent.