PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious...Short But Sweet at the IRL

Hicatchfish
08-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Took my son and his friend to the IRL for the fourth time this summer and they were treated to a great bite. Although the bite was short but sweet it was simply fast and furious. We spotted packs of fish heading down the bank in water that was smooth as glass so it was a spectacular sight fishing opportunity and adrenaline packed when the fish came into casting range. It took a couple of waves of fish to move through before the boys got a bite and when they bit they were charging the baits with reckless abandon. My son's friend was first to hook up with this solid 27" fish which was quickly released after pictures.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/Hicatchfish/Grant08052011IRLRedfish.jpg

Then as soon as that fish was released my son hooked up into this nice 26" fish...

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/Hicatchfish/Trevor08052011IRLRedfish_2.jpg

My son landed another fish that was 24" and the bite quit. I would say it lasted 30 minutes and the boys landed three fish and had 2 or 3 pull off. All the fish were caught on Berkley Gulp Jerk baits rigged on weighted wide gap hooks rig weedless.

golden scrod
08-06-2011, 09:54 AM
summer time sight fishing.. good times. nothing like the anticipation of seeing them coming towards you. beautiful morning for it!!! jealous....

Capt. Tyler Vollmer
08-06-2011, 11:21 AM
:thumbsup Very nice! There is nothing better than seeing the young anglers of the lagoons future learning the values that most take for granted around here. Congrats!

duckmanJR
08-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Nice work putting the youngsters on the fish......

angler18
08-06-2011, 02:31 PM
way to put the boys on some good fish and a nice morning on the water

troutman561
08-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Nice job! That water got hot out there, its no surprise the bite is short.. I have experienced similar results the last few times I went out.. Water is 93 in the lagoon as of a few days ago, hit the bite early and hard!

Hicatchfish
08-07-2011, 09:20 AM
:thumbsup Very nice! There is nothing better than seeing the young anglers of the lagoons future learning the values that most take for granted around here. Congrats!

I'm trying to gain them an appreciation for what we have access to in the lagoon. Thankfully, they are keen on catch and release so I don't have to expalin the importance of this to them. Also, they take time to notice what's going on around them; they are quick to point out when they see manatees, osprey, dolphin and other wildlife while we are on the water. I'm very lucky and grateful to be able to take them.

PONCE
08-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice work guys:Rockon

DuPont
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
they will have a great story to tell the first week of school... nice work

ChasenTails
08-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Nice job. You gotta love those berkley gulp baits for pulling in the reds. It is also good to hear the bite is still active up there. Thanks for the post.

Docked Wages
08-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Tight work with the youngsters, very good day on the water.