PDA

View Full Version : High tide on the SI flats

ChasenTails
08-01-2011, 11:51 PM
We went out with the yaks at 7am on Sunday and found clear water and calm conditions waiting for us. The mullet were jumpin, and glass minnow pods were prevalent. Tails were visible in the bright sun, and large boils indicated decent size fish.

My son and I had caught and released a few within the first half hour by tossing new penny jerk baits, then switch over to 3" gulp shrimp which the reds ate like candy. After a couple hours of fun, we decided to head out with a couple slot reds and a nice trout.

angler18
08-02-2011, 08:08 PM
sounds like you guys had a blast,good job!

DuPont
08-02-2011, 09:49 PM
sick red....... i had guy try and call me out on the forum because I said "high tide" while giving a river report a few months ago. lol... what fool... We do have tides in our river (IRL) REEL. I never saw him post again; i think he changed his name after like 20 people told him he was a moron.

ReelFinnAddict
08-03-2011, 08:50 AM

ChasenTails
08-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the replies, yes the south Brevard flats have been active this summer and I hope it continues for a while.

lxcoupe
08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
sick red....... i had guy try and call me out on the forum because I said "high tide" while giving a river report a few months ago. lol... what fool... We do have tides in our river (IRL) REEL. I never saw him post again; i think he changed his name after like 20 people told him he was a moron.

What is the difference in feet between high tide and low tide here in the sebastian area? Just curious

duckmanJR
08-04-2011, 12:52 PM
What is the difference in feet between high tide and low tide here in the sebastian area? Just curious

Many feet Al..... but they are small feet...like on a pigeon. LOL!!

Glad to see you're still alive....word on the street was you haven't fished but once in a year...can that be true?

lxcoupe
08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Many feet Al..... but they are small feet...like on a pigeon. LOL!!

Glad to see you're still alive....word on the street was you haven't fished but once in a year...can that be true?

Yes I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true. I'm working on that right now though. The "FOOL" that your young friend mentioned above is helping me get the Dolphin back into shape. Ok he's doing most of the work...lol You should start seeing me abunch more at the ramp here pretty soon.... I'm gonna need your help to get me pointed in the right direction again...