PDA

View Full Version : Playalinda beach in the kayak.

rrbgtt
07-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I couldn't get anybody to go, so I decided to go myself at daybreak this morning.

I found bait pods everywhere and caught plenty of bait. Then, I caught shark after shark after shark. I don't think I have every seen that many sharks. Every bait pod was being anhialiated by them.

About 2 hours in, I finally thought I had a good fish on. It hit hard running fast and nearly spooled me. I had to tighten the drag and let it pull me around for 30 minutes. I finally felt it coming up so I could get a look at it; hoping to see a big king and It ended up being a 6'+ shark. I had it next to the kayak trying to get a good picture so I could ID it, but it thrashed around and broke off before I could get my phone out to take a picture. It was a very thick shark, even back towards the tail.

I trolled out and back in with a diving lure and a silver spoon. The spoon had one good hit on the way out, but I lost the fish in just a couple minutes. I didn't bring anything home, but I had a great time.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/rrbgtt/offshorekayak1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/rrbgtt/offshorekayak2.jpg

Coolweiser
07-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Fantastic post! I have wanted to do that and never followed through. Thanks for sharing!

strangebrewski
07-30-2011, 03:05 PM
How far out did you go? Might run up there for some shark fishing.

duckmanJR
07-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Nice pic of the early sun...

There were tons of sharks outside Sebastian before Brett got everything stirred up....You could look down and see them.

rrbgtt
07-30-2011, 03:57 PM
How far out did you go? Might run up there for some shark fishing.

As soon as I got past the breakers, sharks were everywhere. At the most, I might have gone two miles. There were bait pods everywhere and sharks from a few hundred yards out. There were so many it was a little spooky. My son and I are talking about going again in the morning.

Greendog 2550
08-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Nice report, we just went offshore this past weekend and could not get away from the sharks.

walkerkb
08-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I know you didn't get your King but that still sounds like alot of fun. No gas spent and some definite good fights. As long as you don't get one that goes airborn over your Kayak or too nuts kayak-side and knock you out! I would like to try that type of fishing some time.

angler18
08-01-2011, 05:41 PM
sounds like fun, the kings will come

Fluffy
08-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm in Rusty, just let me know...

rrbgtt
08-01-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm in Rusty, just let me know...

Weather permitting, Saturday morning. South end of the lagoon as a backup if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Triple Threat 33T
08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Tight work Rusty! Great report.:beer

:USA