PDA

View Full Version : Destin Report

1lastcast
06-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Heading to Destin tomorrow for my wifes convention. Going off-shore friday and was checking to see if the fishin there is as good right now as PCB. Not a big fan of fishing this area due to the fact I dont know any of the boat captains and the last time I went was a train wreck. Hell, the boat captain was late to the dock and could not catch any live bait. Anyway, maybe this time will be better.

atty551
06-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't know about Destin, but there were threadfin the size of your hand all over the bay and huge schools (acres worth) of cigar minnows around the outside markers this past weekend in PC. two of us with sabikis had 40 threads on the boat in about 10 minutes and about the same with the cigar minnows....if the captain cant find bait this weekend, shoot him and start over...

BigRick
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
There's threadfins all around the bridge and pass, and the bait man will give you a scoop of about 50 cigs for $20 if you can't catch bait. The earlier you go the better chance at catching bait.... Good luck, you could also catch pinfish at the dock before you leave..