PDA

View Full Version : Took my wife fishing

Laidback
07-24-2011, 12:07 AM
New to the forum, so I figured a report would be a good intro.

This was from a couple weeks back... (just getting them off the camera)

Out on the river at around 9:30am with a big nasty piece of cut mullet I caught this 29 incher.

Now the funny part:

My wife, who doesn't fish much, thought she was hooked up too as I was bringing this one in. I was excited for her, thinking we had a nice double pull, but was noticing while I was reeling mine in she clearly didn't have a red on. I saw her walking back and forth both sides of the back of the boat fighting to get hers in. It didn't take long for me to know she had to be snagged. The boat was moving around enough due to my hook up that she went from unsure of snag to thinking she had a monster on every other second. It didn't matter that I kept telling her she was snagged on something, she wanted to believe. I told her to put her pole in the rod holder and come net mine (like a good wife should). As soon as she put her pole in the rod holder the boat moved enough, the tip of her pole shot down, and she thought her snag was indeed a fish on, again, and she needed to resume fighting it. I got zero help but I have to say I enjoyed seeing her fight her snag more than catching this. I think I was still laughing when I got her to take this picture. I told her it's a good thing she's pretty.

Fishdflats
07-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Nicely done. Next time she will for sure go for your rod and tell you to fight hers... By the way, is that boat a backcountry Ghost?

Big Dago
07-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Bet you think twice befor you tell the wife she is snagged next time. Been married 42 years I can see myself sleeping in the garage when I ask her to get the net for my fish when she thinks she has a fish on. Great report, funny too. She just might go with you again.

Laidback
07-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Nicely done. Next time she will for sure go for your rod and tell you to fight hers... By the way, is that boat a backcountry Ghost?

Your probably right! Oh, and it's a Sterling 18footer

Laidback
07-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Bet you think twice befor you tell the wife she is snagged next time. Been married 42 years I can see myself sleeping in the garage when I ask her to get the net for my fish when she thinks she has a fish on. Great report, funny too. She just might go with you again.

Congrats on 42 years! So the key to a long happy marriage is netting your own fish? She actually caught two really nice keeper specs (that we threw back) on soft plastic!

duckmanJR
07-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Good work on the fish...even better on getting your wife to go fish! My wife says..."You go catch it...then clean it...I'll handle the cooking and eating part".