PDA

View Full Version : tough day in the lagoon 7/20

lumpy44
07-21-2011, 10:03 PM
I fished all over the place east west and north and some new places, lots of bait, big & small mullet , porgies , ..but all could catch was lady fish. they were on fire. I threw just about everything in my tackle box from top water , suspd, jigs, and yes cut bait( LF). was out there when the shuttle came in ... that's my fishing report.

efishnc
07-21-2011, 10:21 PM
At least you fishing trip was a piece of history.....

awFSUducks
07-21-2011, 10:22 PM
the redfish bite has been super early. im talking like a half hour window from about 630-700 or so and then they have been shutting down. then they start feeding again in the early afternoon. atleast thats what i have been experiencing. (i have been out there 3 out of the last five days)

duckmanJR
07-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Tuff days are just part of the game...

Myself and forum member DuPont were also ideling out as the shuttle came in and heard the sonic booms...Really cool but very sad also....end of an era.

Capt Pat
07-22-2011, 06:16 AM
There were definitely a lot of anglers on the water, the fish were also typically spooky as the usually are by the end of the week. Presentation is the most important factor when fishing pressured fish. Thanks for sharing!

skeeterlagoon
07-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I was out also in the kayak. I didn't get out to about 8 in the morning and couldn't land anything. fished south of haulover canal.