PDA

View Full Version : My Girlfriend's First Snook

Backwater88
07-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Well yesterday we decided to head to the inlet during outgoing tide and do a lil catch and release snook fishing. ive been hearing the snook bite has been realy good there as well as the flounder. we started on the south jetty and we werent there but 20 minutes and my girlfriend ended up getting her first snook. it slammed her bucktail she had on and took off for a run. she made me proud fighting the fish for about close to 10 minutes. :Rockon2736
her snook was the only 1 we were able to hook but saw a bunch of action on the north jetty as well. saw quite a few flounder caught and redfish. Cant wait til september!

FS Jeff
07-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Way cool, Backwater.

My wife and I were just talking about opening day fall of 1995, year-and-a-half before we got married. She caught a keeper snook a little north of Sebastian Inlet, fishing at Spanish House. I was out surfing (duh) when I heard her yell from the beach.

Fishing makes great memories you'll share years from now, no matter where you end up. Thanks for sharing your story!

PONCE
07-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Congrats :hail:hail Which Inlet :shrug

Big Dago
07-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Tha's what memories are made of, way to go.

Snook Man
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Nice job on her first snook.

Backwater88
07-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys. She was pumped. She was like ohh I think I got something while it was peeling drag. Gotta love it. And we were at sebastian inlet.