PDA

View Full Version : Sebastion Flats (on 7/10)

ChasenTails
07-13-2011, 11:00 PM
We went out last Sunday morning (7/10) and took the kayaks to fish the East flats near Sebastion inlet. We were on the water at around 7am and fished the dropping tide with overcast skies. The bait schools were thick but not showing signs of activity until late morning at dead low tide.
We ran into a few Trout, Flounder and a school of Reds nosing around the bottom which were interested in the paddle tail jigs and gulp shrimp we tossed their way. Several trout and lady fish were caught and released, before the reds got active. We managed to get a few in the slot range which kept the family happy that day.

Keepers were; Trout 17" & 22", Flounder was 18", and the Reds were 22", 24", and 27".

PONCE
07-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Nice haul brother http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0005.gif

duckmanJR
07-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks, Good work on those inlet fish.

I needed a boost to get me to go back over that way....I hadn't been over that way in well over a month. I really wanted to look off the beach and this would work out nice.
I fished my normal spots early but only had 5 trout....AND....a nice sheepshead...ON PLASTIC! Wife will eat that bad boy up!
Anyway, by 7:30 I headed over and almost on que, In the spot I frequently get them...I got a nice mid slot. Got him on a Mirrolure soft sardine in "opening night"...8:10 and the Redfish streak is still alive (day 9)....Decided to run take a peak outside. It was flat as a lake and water was decent. I have the grandsons (12 Y/O) coming soon so I tried some "kid fishing"..... It was crazy!....double-headers are problematic when alone though. All the action was tight to the beach on trolled soft plastic (old pre chewed junk).... had about a dz blues and half dz blue runners along with jacks and several cut offs. The best fun was taking my Crappie / Tarpon ( Yes, Tarpon....) rig with 6 lb and fighting 2-3 lb blues. Quit at 9:10...gettin warm!