PDA

View Full Version : Bullshark Thursday

JoeyT
07-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Hey everyone,
I am planning a trip to bullshark again but would love to know the bait situation. Being from Jupiter area when the bait are around its never a problem. Here it seems I can never find bait so I end up at bullshark with nada. Where is the bait? Other boats seem to have it figured out. By the way, The other day I was at bullshark and Capt. Chancey gave me some. Props to that man. He had no reason to help me out other than he was just being a good guy. If you are reading this Capt. Many thanks.

Plane Fish n
07-13-2011, 10:24 PM
That was awesome Joey.

We got skunked on bait the other day also.

We will be out tomorrow and monitoring 73.

Give us a shout. PLANE FISH N

Cheers

fishknut
07-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Good luck Eric, hopefully you guys don't break any rods. Kudos to Capt. Chancey.

Machine Head
07-13-2011, 10:49 PM
I found the bait real close to the beach last week.
You might have to run south as far as Hobe sound.
Find the Pelican's dive bombing and you will be in.
Cobes are running with them so always be ready for the unexpected.(running in pairs, have second rod ready always)
What was the temp at Bull Shark? its real cold in FP.

Ocean Motion
07-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Run down to the Hobe Sound Town Beach, about 5 to 6 miles? south of the BS. The sardines are there but you have to work for them. Start at about 25 to 30 and just look around for the birds or dines breaking water. Watch you recorder, they have been hanging between 20 and 25 or they are right on top. Every day is different.

Kevinwwings2
07-14-2011, 12:00 AM
If your coming up from Jupiter, just keep your eyes open for birds and the tell tale signs, and you should not have any problem having the well full before you ever get to Bullshark. Heck when I can't get bait at Bullshark or the other hide aways around there I head south and just keep my eyes open, usually load up somewhere along the way. Sorry I am on the road right now so I don't have the #'s of a few places down that way. I would start out in 25-30 ft as suggested above and if that does not pay off don't hesitate to work right up close to shore looking. They are there ya just have to work for them.
I plan to be out there Friday afternoon, probably will give Bullshark a shot, now if it is for baits or other stuff who knows.
Good luck out there Thursday everyone, please post reports so I know what to do on Friday.

Thanks

Fireman Bill
07-14-2011, 07:44 AM
I always bring a box of frozen sardines. We caught most of the cobia on frozen sardines on Monday.