PDA

View Full Version : Grant area wading

mogantamers
07-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Been a long time since I've posted. Like the new forum look so figured I'd start posting agian.

Hit a spot in Grant this morning for a couple hours of wading. Ended up with four trout all on Bass assiains. Biggest went approximately 26 inches and around 5-6 lbs. Missed a couple snook under the docks.

No Pictures as I was wading and released everything. The trout are defintaly there just have to get out early to catch them. All trout came from the outside of schools of mullet that were getting busted on the surface.

triplehelix
07-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey Charlie, hope all is well. Glad you are still in the area and still fishing! Let's get together and go wading one day soon and catch up.

I'm working at SJR in Palm Bay these days

-Matt 3212233383

mogantamers
07-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah I'm still in the area I live in palm bay and work as an officer in the area so I'm not going anywhere. We need to get together agian weather by boat or wading and see if we can beat the last time we fished together or not. My numbers still them same. I've got roughly 14 days off a month so plenty of time to fish. We'll have to hook up and fish agian soon.

triplehelix
07-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Sounds like you're doing good, give me a call or shoot me a text, I don't have your number anymore.

Matt

duckmanJR
07-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Nice work.....
Was that west shore? How is the water clarity up that way?........It's trashed south of the inlet.

Indian River Joel
07-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Nice work.....
Was that west shore? How is the water clarity up that way?........It's trashed south of the inlet.

Its trashed everywhere. I went to grant last week. Melbourne is trashed too

bigoldredfish
07-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow - it's been a long time - good to see you back!

duckmanJR
07-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Its trashed everywhere. I went to grant last week. Melbourne is trashed too

Well, Rick Murphy said this in a show he did with Geoff Page... He was saying how well Geoff knew the Sarasota area....and basicly, that fish have learned to deal with the changing conditions.....they may move a little but never really vacate an area...they just shift due to changing conditions....and it's up to you to figure out where they moved off to!
Hey, It's not like they can just get in their F-150 and drive away.....

I just really like sighting up Reds.....and with bad water clarity, the "sight" window is short before the heat gets to be too much for me to take.

mogantamers
07-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Duckman- water was a little stained not to bad. It was the western shore. It was clear enough I could see the two snook I missed hitting the DOA underneath the docks.
BORF- it has been a long time. Got sick of how people were getting on here. Hopefully thats changed some and it gets back to how it was 10 years ago when I started on here. Speaking of which we still have to hook up agian.

duckmanJR
07-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Thanks,

Today the incoming was fighting the outflow from the Seb river and north....It was quite a dramatic color line! With the west winds of late the beach water has cleaned up a fair amount.